News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Question about The 7th Stand User  (Read 1070 times)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
Question about The 7th Stand User
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:15:29 pm »
So, I watched a bit of footage of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The 7th Stand User today on YouTube, and am rather confused by something.

For starters, I know that the graphics are clearly based on the original Game Boy, since that game was inspired aesthetically from the original SaGa trilogy for that system.  However, certain animations, such as when an enemy fades upon defeat, were clearly not possible on that system, and the audio is more reminiscent of the Super NES.

Does this inconsistency in retraux aesthetics have something to do with RPG Maker, or did the creators choose to mix the aesthetics of several different systems?

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about The 7th Stand User
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:34:09 pm »
The aesthetic is more of Manga. You can kinda tell some of the art was lifted straight from the manga.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about The 7th Stand User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:04:21 am »
Does this inconsistency in retraux aesthetics have something to do with RPG Maker
Using a program like RPG Maker will inevitably put sharp constraints on the available graphical effects.

The resolution is far beyond what might be achieved on the Game Boy, for that matter.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!