News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Replacing PSX .SEQ files, and preserving instruments.  (Read 236 times)

badcafe

• View Profile
Replacing PSX .SEQ files, and preserving instruments.
« on: May 06, 2018, 02:43:37 pm »
Hello, new member here!

I'm trying to make custom .SEQ loops to replace the originals in a PSX game. Using Awave Studio I can convert standard .mid files to .SEQ and vice versa, and these new loops can be inserted into the game if they're a smaller or equivalent size.

My problem is that I don't know what parameters to change to make them use the same instruments as the originals. The new song is being played, but all parts are either using the wrong instrument or silent.

Copying and pasting the original program changes with the new notes and header gave me the same problem, but I easily could just be doing something wrong. I have been able to change select characteristics of the original, like individual notes and tempo, just not entirely new music.

Any insight into what I might be doing wrong here would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: If I just import the midi into my music program and edit the original loops rather than creating a new one (which keeps the original parameters), it works! Later I can take a look at what was all there, and try to figure out what's necessary to include to just make your own from scratch. I kind of had the right idea, but was thinking way too hard about it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:59:25 pm by badcafe »