News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Mega Man X4 & Mega Man 8 Undub [MM8 (v03) / MMX4 (v08)]  (Read 4560 times)

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X4 & Mega Man 8 Undub [MM8 (v03) / MMX4 (v08)]
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:58 pm »
OH!
MY!
GUTSMAN!

God bless you, sir (or madam), for doing this! I would be glad to help with any testing procedures. Has anyone done any testing with a PSP? I'll gladly apply these patches TONIGHT and go through each game a.s.a.p. if it'll help ;D
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2018, 10:46:15 am »
As much as I appreciate the effort you're putting into these, I'm just not a big fan of undubs. You seem to know a bit about the voice samples in those games and where they go, so maybe when you're done, we could work on a REdub? I can provide all the voices, and my singing isn't outright horrendous, and it would give the fans an option between Japanese voices or better English voices. Let me know what you think.
I'm on the other side of the fence, I'm personally not interested in fan dubs at all. But if you decide to go ahead with this yourself I'd be happy to give you all the information I have on this game. You can get a general idea of the process with the tools I listed on the first post.
I don't know how to convert new audio to a format the PS1 can play though, all I did was replacing already formatted audio file packages from the japanese version.

OH!
MY!
GUTSMAN!

God bless you, sir (or madam), for doing this! I would be glad to help with any testing procedures. Has anyone done any testing with a PSP? I'll gladly apply these patches TONIGHT and go through each game a.s.a.p. if it'll help ;D

If you do play it, either in PSP or wherever, please report any bugs or problems you encounter!

mariosmentor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »
I'm on the other side of the fence, I'm personally not interested in fan dubs at all. But if you decide to go ahead with this yourself I'd be happy to give you all the information I have on this game. You can get a general idea of the process with the tools I listed on the first post.

Sure, you could just tell me all the necessary info. I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm not that stupid. XD

I don't know how to convert new audio to a format the PS1 can play though, all I did was replacing already formatted audio file packages from the japanese version.

Shouldn't be too hard. I probably have to make the new voice clips the exact same length as the originals, plus a few other bits, bobs, and magic touches to make it all work.

Anddo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »
Just in time for my first marathon of the series! Thank you!

SpringSonic9187

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 09:42:08 pm »
Question: Obviously, Mega Man 8 has 3 Track BIN Files. I believe Tracks 2 and 3 are the video and audio tracks while Track 1 is the game's data itself. If that's the case, is Track 2 the one that gets patched? Or is it Track 3?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:39:31 am by SpringSonic9187 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2018, 03:37:45 pm »
Just do exactly as the instructions on the first post say: patch the first and bigger track, play/burn using the provided cue sheet (edit the bin file accordingly) and ignore the remaining smaller tracks

(One of the other tracks is the ending song, which is included in the patch and embedded in the resulting bin file. The other track is unused within the game as far a I know. The video files are always part of the main bin)

Zeichi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 04:37:19 pm »
Thanks for this job, but I have a problem, the MegaMan 8 patch was fine, but the x4 v.08 patch seems to be damaged, I have downloaded it many times in different browsers but when I try to unzip the file (winrar or 7z) it keeps telling me that the file is corrupted.

:D

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:17 am »
That's weird, I just downloaded it from the link on the first post and it decompressed just fine with 7zip. I'll reupload it as .zip when I find some time, just in case.