News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My BIG Fortune Street Wii QoL project has one annoying LITTLE hurdle. Help!  (Read 971 times)

Choppasmith

• View Profile
So a little background, I LOVE Fortune Street since playing it on the Wii. This love for Fortune Street led me to check out other recent entries including the ones on iOS, PSP, and PS2. Even getting involved with translation work on those latter two! While I think the PS2 version is all around superior to the others, going back to the Wii version, despite it being the only console entry released officially in English, there's some terrible shortcomings I wanted to fix and change.

First- The lousy synth used for the DQ tracks. Used BTSTRM tools to convert and insert orchestra versions. Done!

Well I'm on the second part and this is stumping. You see in Fortune Street games, the properties are divided by Districts or Areas. In other games the districts are given very thematic names that suit the board. Enemy names, town names, weapons, Jobs, etc. For some odd reason Nintendo/S-E just went with giving the districts letter designations (District A, District B, and so on). This isn't a US only thing as the Japanese text does the same thing. Even the Japan only Itadaki Street DS have the same boards, but opted to have thematic district names. I wanted to fix this.

So all the game's text are in easy to read/edit CSV files (text files, but grouped like a 2 column list of strings. I was able to find that lines 5454-5718 are all the District names for each stage going in a certain order, even making room for potential extra, unused districts up to Letter P. Cracking the pattern I went to work on Trodain, making it identical to other games

That's a thing of beauty!

But this is the trouble I'm running into

It's originally supposed to say District A. I find there's two separate strings making that line. 2781 which is just "District" and 2788 which is "<area>". If I make 2788 blank, I can get rid that weird messy line, but if I try to replace District with <area>:

Yep that's what I get. Even if I added other text like say Area: -<area>, it comes out Area: -P

So that's where I'm at. If I could just figure this out, I'd be all set. It's such an annoying little hangup.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Any ideas? Help!

matt!

• JUS4QIX
    • View Profile
It seems that there are two labels containing those two strings. Can you change their dimensions?

Choppasmith

• View Profile
It seems that there are two labels containing those two strings. Can you change their dimensions?

If there is I have no idea how. I've poured over the file seeing if there's anything kind of formatting command that could help, but I just can't.