1. Take old-school Castlevania (specifically, CV2)
2. Throw in some metroid
3. Make it Indiana Jones themed
4. Take out the day/night nonsense
5. Instead of looking for Dracula's body parts, you're exploring ancient ruins searching for the origin of life.
6. Very cryptic puzzles a la Castlevania 2, only the clues actually make sense and the puzzles are solvable
7. No grinding
If you're interested (and you never heard of this game), it's called La-Mulana
(specifically, the remake). And it's fucking brilliant.
This game got introduced to me a few years back. I tried it for a bit, didn't think much of it other than it was kind of cool, then put it down. But I picked it up again about 2 weeks ago, got really into it, and now I can't put it down
. It's amazing
. I just had to share it on here.
Has anyone else played this game? I haven't beaten it yet... I just got through the endless corridor and unlocked the Twin Labyrinths.