News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases G.O.D. in English!  (Read 7917 times)

Bwah

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases G.O.D. in English!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 10:19:50 am »
I think bun combining is broken.  It seems that no matter which two buns you choose, you always get Miss You Turbo.

First, this is going to be a wall of text, sorry, but it can't be helped due to the subject.

Sadly, the Bun Fusions are glitched, even in the original game (so it's not a problem caused by the translation). However, I was able to come up with a list of "good" fusions. I'll list it here, in case you want to try it:

Bun 1 + Bun 2= Result
Mandarin Bun +Training Bun=Fish
Mandarin Bun +Sexy Bun=Bun Stone (2X EXP/Gold when used in battle – Single use)
Mandarin Bun +Salvation Bun=Defense Seed
Mandarin Bun +Holmes Bun= Bun Armor (Armor for MC – Reflects enemy Psycho attacks)
Mandarin Bun +Gold Bun=Life Seed
Prayer Bun +Mandarin Bun=Psycho Def. Seed
Prayer Bun +Training Bun=Shellfish
Prayer Bun +Sexy Bun=Chinese Medicine
Prayer Bun +Salvation Bun=Bun Bracelet (Access. – All [Raises Parameters])
Prayer Bun +Holmes Bun=Bun Sword (Weapon for MC)
Prayer Bun +Gold Bun=Speed Seed
Training Bun +Sexy Bun=Bun Helmet (Helmet for MC – Blocks Status Effects)
Training Bun +Salvation Bun=Bun Shoes (Shoes for MC – Restore HP when walking)
Training Bun +Holmes Bun=Psycho Seed
Training Bun +Gold Bun=Bun Clothes (Armor for MC & Basil)
Sexy Bun +Salvation Bun=Spirit Seed
Sexy Bun +Holmes Bun=Bun Pajamas (Armor for Mina)
Sexy Bun +Gold Bun=Bun Necklace (Access. – All)
Salvation Bun +Holmes Bun=Bun Bullet (Item: Bomb)
Salvation Bun +Gold Bun=Strength Seed
Holmes Bun +Gold Bun=Bun Underwear (Helmet for Heath)

Now, before you head off to see the Bun King and start combining the different buns, I need to remind you that the bun combinations are glitched. What I saw (and this might be different for you, ymmv), is that the FIRST time you make a bun combination, it WILL work flawlessly. However, if you immediately go back to the Bun Combination screen and proceed to combine another pair, you WILL end up with a somewhat random (and totally wrong) item, usually a "Poison Ball".

What I did was this:

1) I made a Defense Seed, worked fine. I left the Bun King screen and went to replace the two buns I had just used up.

2) Once I had all buns again, I went back to the Bun Combination screen.

3) After a lot of trial and error, I realized that the NEXT time after the FIRST combination (in step 1), your combination will be an incorrect item. So...knowing this, I decided to make a "sacrificial" combination using the two quickest buns to obtain (that would be Mandarin Bun = Mama Island and Training Bun = Angkor Wat). You can replace these buns the quickest.

4) Enter the Bun Combination screen, make a Quick Save (just in case, that way you can reload if it doesn't work right), then combine the "sacrificial" Mandarin Bun and Training Bun, the result doesn't matter. Immediately, go back to the Bun Combination screen and combine the buns you really want (the result *should* be correct). Repeat from step 2 until you're done.

Some Buns are...more of a hassle to obtain than others (I'm looking at you, Gold Bun...having to walk to El Dorado). Nonetheless, you WILL have to return there to obtain the Gold Bun, sooner or later. This is where you'd think, "Ha! I'll just speak with that NPC, get another Gold Bun, then immediately jump into the Bun Combination screen, use my newly-acquired Gold Bun, then exit so I can get another Gold Bun by speaking (again) to the NPC right by me!" Good thinking, except that, in my experience, it ALWAYS resulted in a failed item. I actually had to LEAVE the village/island/NPC's location where I obtained a bun, THEN I'd jump into the Bun Combination screen (make a quick save), then try it again. More often than not, after one "sacrificial" combination, my next combination would produce the correct item. Sometimes, even the second combination would fail, in which case I'd reload my quick save, LEAVE the Bun Combination screen completely, then move somewhere else on the map (anywhere else, doesn't have to be far, just nowhere near NPC's).

After moving on the map, I'd try it again (making sure to use a new quick save), then tried the "sacrificial" combination followed by another (usually good) combination.

If all this sounds like it's a pain...yeah, it was. If you're at the Bun King, it's *probably* to make Seeds to increase your stats.

Life Seed = Can be bought at the Penguin Market
Strength Seed = Sand Whale has these, so don't waste your time trying to make this
Speed Seed = Can be bought at the Penguin Market
Defense Seed = Mandarin Bun + Salvation Bun
Spirit Seed = Sexy Bun + Salvation Bun
Psycho Seed = Can be bought at the Penguin Market
Psycho Def. Seed = Prayer Bun + Mandarin Bun

That's part of the reason why I kept (for nearly the entire game) both Power and Mind Chakras linked, so I could get the extra bonus every time I leveled up. After I hit level 99, most of the stats were already at max, 99, so I only had to get around 15 seeds total.

Also, if you do plan on spending time with the Bun Combinations, I can't emphasize strongly enough to make a quick save JUST BEFORE you make the combinations. If they fail, you can just reload, move somewhere else, then try it again (instead of, you know, having to fly all over the world again to track down the buns again).

Incidentally, I was only able to make TWO of the "Bun Bracelets" before it glitched out completely. Now, no matter how many "sacrificial" combinations I make, I always end up with "Bun Medicine" (everything else works fine, though, just this item did a "double glitch" on me).

Good luck, and hope this helps!

SomeRandomGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 11:43:07 am »
Further into the game now, and I've also noticed the revive item/spell bug. Almost got wiped out many times because of it. A character dying during a boss fight really makes you sweat, that's for sure.

Also, while I love the game I really hope somebody makes a hack for it that adjusts the encounter rate a bit some day. It's getting a bit much.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2018, 09:22:35 pm »
Yeah, as noted in the readme and over on the D-D forums, bun combinations are never as predictable as one would expect. Sadly, it appears the developers missed a few bugs when making the game.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:03 pm »
there's a level up bug, that Bwah117 discover and posted on gamefaqs!
basically your char level up from 76 to 89 and then to 99
and the Hp and Mp are all fuck up.
I finish the game around 66-67, I was so tired of random battles, that I never bother to level up that much!

Spoiler:
Not sure if anyone else has tried this, by the way, but it's not that bad to reach level 99 in this game. I'm not sure if it's intentional or a bug in the game, but this is what happens at higher levels:

1) When you reach level 75, continue fighting. As soon as your character (any character) reaches level 76, their level will INSTANTLY jump up to level 89, one level at a time.

So, from level 76 to level 89...not bad, right? Keep fighting.

As soon as that character (who is now level 89) levels up ONCE again, their level will, once again, jump up, this time all the way up to 99.

The downside is that sometimes the HP or MP stat gets "rolled over", resulting in that character only having something like 120 HP or 120 MP (instead of 9999). There is, however, an easy way to fix this:

Let's say MC has his HP & MP stats "rolled over", but Basil only has his HP stat "rolled over". Head to the Penguin Market, then buy TWO "Life Seeds" and one "Psycho Seed". Give one "Life Seed" to each of the HP-affected characters, and the "Psycho Seed" to the MP-affected characters. The game will claim to increase that character's HP/MP, but it will actually correct them and reset them to 9999.

Repeat the "Life Seed"/"Psycho Seed" treatment for any character who's affected by that glitch (note that this is ONLY if you've reached level 99...you WON'T see any HP/MP glitches unless you're at level 99 first).

Finally, rest at an Inn and you should be all ready to go.

Bwah

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:55 am »
there's a level up bug, that Bwah117 discover and posted on gamefaqs!
basically your char level up from 76 to 89 and then to 99
and the Hp and Mp are all fuck up.
I finish the game around 66-67, I was so tired of random battles, that I never bother to level up that much!

Oops...that was me.  Some boards have a minimum requirement of 6 characters per name, so I had to go with Bwah117 over there.  In any case, it's already been reported.  I *probably* should have mentioned that in my other post, but I figured that there really isn't that much activity on the GameFAQ's board (I think there's only around 3-4 active posters there).  I wasn't counting on "stray" viewers who don't actively post.  Thanks for pointing it out (in case it hadn't been reported), though!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:20:30 pm by Bwah »

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2018, 01:55:51 pm »
Hi,

I am a little confused.

I am about to head off to MU but I wanted to stop off at the bun king...

But the only option I get is to view a list of the buns I have. I see no option to combine, so any idea what I should do to be able to combine?

If it is too much of a hassle I will just skip it though.  Is it REALLY needed to combine buns to get certain items to beat the game?  or is level 56 heading into Mu enough?

Thanks!

Bwah

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »
@travel27:  Let me see if I understand you correctly:  you say you're about to go to Mu, yet you don't have the option to "Combine buns" at the Bun King, right?

In order to be able to access Mu, you MUST have touched all 7 of the God Stones (which would put you at Chakra Level 7)...I mention this because the Bun King has certain requirements before you get new options.

They are as follows:

Chakra Level 4 = Bun King I (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "See a list of collected buns."
Chakra Level 5 = Bun King II (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "Exchange buns for items."
Chakra Level 6 = Bun King III (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "Combine your buns."

The ONLY way I can see your situation happening is if you haven't collected enough Cosmo Stones for the Joy and Spirit Chakras (which must be linked).  How many Cosmo Stones have you collected in the Joy and Spirit Chakras?  Also, are you able to link the Joy and Spirit Chakras to access the Chakra Command "Bun King III"?  The option to combine buns appears when you use the command "Bun King III" (or "Bun King IV"), so if you're accessing the Bun King through "Bun King I" or "Bun King II" you won't see that option at the Bun King's yet.

FWIW, there's a few cool items you can get from Bun Combinations (weapons/armor/accessory that raises all stats), but they're not necessary (and it's a bit of a hassle to obtain these items, as Bun Combination is a bit glitched...I posted earlier in this thread about that, in case you're interested).

As for level 56, it's about right.  IIRC, I was close to level 60 the first time I beat the game, so you should be okay.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:43:25 pm by Bwah »

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2018, 09:50:17 pm »
Thanks for the post!  When I linked joy and spirit again after another level, while in the last dungeon, it only showed as King Bun 2...Not sure why but I did not bother with the bun combining and just beat the game.  Not too hard.

Bwah

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2018, 10:44:20 pm »
Thanks for the post!  When I linked joy and spirit again after another level, while in the last dungeon, it only showed as King Bun 2...Not sure why but I did not bother with the bun combining and just beat the game.  Not too hard.

Yeah, the last level (Mu) has some pretty strong enemies, so you probably jumped up a level or two while there.  Oh, and it sounds like you didn't really accumulate enough Cosmo Stones in the Joy and Spirit Chakras..."Bun King II" is at Chakra Command Level 5, and it needs to be at Chakra Command Level 6.  You see, touching the God Stones raises your Chakra Level; however, your Chakra Command Level stays at 0 unless you go into the "Chakras" menu and set the "Accumulate" option into the appropriate Chakras.  Once you do this, any Cosmo Stones from enemies you defeat will go into the Chakra you chose to "Accumulate" into (and the Chakra Command Level will increase accordingly).  It's a little more complicated of a system, but it works really well once you get the hang of it.

In any case, glad to hear you were able to beat the game!

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 04:45:27 am »
Patch has been updated on the D-D website with various edits/fixes.  Biggest of all, resurrections during battle are working again.  Sorry for the wait everyone!

I haven't updated the patch here on RHDN.  Feel free to do so if you have the time.  Honestly, I wish there was a quick and easy way for someone to submit updates, but it looks to be a little more involved than what I've got time for at the moment.