News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases G.O.D. in English!  (Read 7901 times)

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases G.O.D. in English!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 12:44:32 am »
I never heard of this game before, but I have to agree with the others. This game has been great so far! Some interesting gameplay elements too, like the Chakra system. Top notch work guys.

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 34 Fox of Mystery™
    • View Profile
    • JosephineLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 07:27:35 am »
Ya know what's funny?  The only reason I know about this game is because an online streamer that I watch has played it, a couple of times, in their "play several games, briefly" stream sessions.  Once they played this, I had to give it a search, and ended up finding a little page with a little info, in some dusty corner of the web.  Personally, I keep translating the subtitle as, "The Calling Voice Awakens Me," myself… but, "Heed the Call to Awaken" makes more sense.  Probably.

In any case, I'm quite excited to see an English translation and I hope the streamer I mentioned will be, too. (They didn't play it for long, either time, but the title definitely sticks with ya.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:43:31 am by Joseph Lithius »
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-

haouea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 12:50:10 pm »
Thank you so much! This game (and your translation) is absolutely stellar! Thank you for putting so much effort into these wonderful SNES games that get lost in obscurity for decades. They deserve to be remembered and loved, and it brings a tear to my eye to see them get such a nice treatment!

Tobas

• Need a Spanish translator? I'm your man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:20 pm »
anyone know where to get media for this game? I can't find anything on emumovies. I want a snap and some art for the retropie

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:03 pm »
@TheBeverage: I don't recall the music being any (much?) different.  Have you tried with different emulators? Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust music/sound levels :(

@Tobas: As noted in the readme, remove the header before you apply the patch.

@d0pefish: Sounds like an issue with Retropie.  The game has been tested in Higan, Snes9x, and is now being played by people on real hardware, with no reported problems.  :(

@Joseph Lithius: As for "Heed the Call to Awaken"... Yeah, that took us a while to hammer out.  Over on our forums, you can see all the variations we considered.  I went with the aforementioned choice as I felt it sounded the best of the lot.

The following is more of a response to someone's comments I saw somewhere over on reddit, but can't find the post anymore.  I figured I'd address it here as there may be others who had similar thoughts:

1.  The text speed can be changed from Slow to Fast in the Options menu before starting a game, so if you want faster text, you're in luck!

2.  Just because some of the dialogue/text seems funny or humorous, DON'T assume it is because the translator/editor wanted to insert humor into the game.  The original script is full of this! Mom's attitude of being slightly strict/forceful/etc. is in the original script.  The nurses' dialog being a bit "pervy" is in the original.  It's fine to be critical of this, but don't assume it's there because the translator/editor wanted to make you cringe while playing.  The original tone was kept in order to keep the script close to the original.  That said, of course there are instances where the dialog had to be changed to make the experience more enjoyable, so certain bits of text were changed to flow with the tone of the game (puns/jokes/etc.)

Vercalos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 02:49:45 am »
An RPG I've been waiting to play for a long time, simply because an RPG taking place in what looks like a contemporary era is a rarity.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 02:37:51 am »
Ok I just found out a big bug,in luna city and can't progress anymore, the char goes out of screen,
as soon as entering the last elevator!
I was playing all this time on sd2nes.
I'm attaching some screenshots, .srm and a save state of the problem on snes9x 1.55
.SRM
Save state, just before the bug

Images of the problem
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SomeRandomGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:38 am »
I'd also never heard of this game before, and I too am enjoying it very much (that encounter rate is really something though, haha). You guys did a great job on the script, it reads very well. So yeah, well done!

Also, I too am playing on SD2SNES. Haven't noticed any problems so far, but I've only just gotten that female party member (sorry for the vagueness, trying to avoid spoilers) and I get the impression there's a lot left.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2018, 09:55:01 am »
@patuli: Thanks for the info!  I've got good and bad news... Bad news is that the bug is also in the original ROM.  Good news is that it does not stop you from progressing.  You were  accidentally traveling back out of Luna City, but you should have been going deeper to progress the story. Load your save and go in the "opposite direction", and you should be fine.  I'll tell Bongo` about this one, so thanks again!

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 11:58:08 am »
@patuli: Thanks for the info!  I've got good and bad news... Bad news is that the bug is also in the original ROM.  Good news is that it does not stop you from progressing.  You were  accidentally traveling back out of Luna City, but you should have been going deeper to progress the story. Load your save and go in the "opposite direction", and you should be fine.  I'll tell Bongo` about this one, so thanks again!
No need, I have been following this thread. Yeah, this game (and a few others) have some original bugs that I could not repair. We got Lucky with La Wares on a few, and maybe one or two in this game ( can't recall ), but without knowing what the coders were intending to do, it's hard to fix these things.
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

punnett

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 08:49:35 pm »
Dag nabbit. I got stuck on what I'm assuming is the last boss. Please help me  :'(
Spoiler:
Insecurity. He tells me to attack him with weapons and defend with armor. I figured I need to do the opposite and remove all my equipment but I'm not sure what to do after that. It just keeps going on this endless loop! What do?

kerghnox

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 12:11:01 am »
Reviving items don't work in battle. Is this an emulator issue? I'm using the bsnes core in RetroArch. It's wasn't a big deal until magic started really hurting. I can still get by, but it's annoying having Heath KO'd every boss fight.

Great translation btw.

LufiaLvr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 05:19:48 am »
Revival items and Psychos don't seem to work in battle. When used, they don't do anything or are used on the people that are still alive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:25:21 am by LufiaLvr »

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 03:42:56 pm »
Hey thanks for the info, I was going backwards  :D, anyway thanks to that I discover that bug.
Also I can confirm, what LufiaLvr and kerghnox say in real hardware.
Revival Items and Psychos don't do anything in battle, the spells and items (Love and miss you), skip the dead member
and heal the next party member.
another item that is buggy is the century egg, is a item that rises your critical in battle, however you can use it outside of battle
and it does nothing!
btw I have some questions, what does the status Love do? is like luck in other games?
is even possible to go to the women part of the spa's?
I always die and never go pass the middle!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:00:40 pm by patuli »

kerghnox

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 04:34:19 pm »
Hey thanks for the info, I was going backwards  :D, anyway thanks to that I discover that bug.
Also I can confirm, what LufiaLvr and kerghnox say in real hardware.
Revival Items and Psychos don't do anything in battle, the spells and items (Love and miss you), skip the dead member
and heal the next party member.
btw I have some questions, what does the status Love do? is like luck in other games?
is even possible to go to the women part of the spa's?
I always die and never go pass the middle!
Damn, so it's a game bug? This has made the second fight with Catastrophe harder than it should be due to one of his spells being able to kill Mina in one hit. Still haven't beat him yet, probably going to need to grind for the first time. From the looks of it, other moves like barrier and the one status increasing chakra don't work either.

You actually can win all three of the swimming minigames with turbo. So, you can probably do it if you're a god at mashing. Your "reward" is losing 1-2 love, though the last one gives a bun.

Is there any way to go back to Japan? I missed a whole bunch of buns there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:56:02 pm by kerghnox »

Mattiac

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 04:42:07 pm »
Interesting game! :) I hadn't heard of it before. :-\ Thank you very much! :thumbsup: :cookie:

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 08:20:34 pm »
@punnett:  I think that...
Spoiler:
You also need to heal the boss for several rounds as well.

@kerghnox: Thanks!  I honestly don't have a clue when this broke, but we'll get a fix in place ASAP and update the patch. Sorry for any inconvenience.

@patuli: Well when you eat the Century Egg outside of battle...
Spoiler:
It does tell you that it would be better used in battle... Too bad it's gone :P
  I really have no clue what love does...  :( And for the baths... Yes, you can get to the women's side! Keep working out that thumb!

kerghnox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 01:38:22 am »
@punnett:  I think that...
Spoiler:
You also need to heal the boss for several rounds as well.

@kerghnox: Thanks!  I honestly don't have a clue when this broke, but we'll get a fix in place ASAP and update the patch. Sorry for any inconvenience.

@patuli: Well when you eat the Century Egg outside of battle...
Spoiler:
It does tell you that it would be better used in battle... Too bad it's gone :P
  I really have no clue what love does...  :( And for the baths... Yes, you can get to the women's side! Keep working out that thumb!
Cool, I made it as far as I could without revive. T-Rex using an instant death move every other turn pretty much blocked any progress.

Spoiler:
The bosses having grieving parents was a nice touch. Shame it's ruined by said bosses being irredeemable evil.

I save scummed to the final boss.
Spoiler:
To no one's surprise it's God.
Am I missing something here? He heals 9999 every once in a while and my attacks miss most of the time. Magic can't be used due to the reflect bullshit. I basically can't out damage the heals. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:27:36 pm by kerghnox »

Bwah

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 09:57:13 pm »
kerghnox:  Yeah, sometimes the Psy abilities you use against him will "bounce back" at you.  I basically AVOID using Psy attacks on him.  The strategy I usually use is this: 

First, make sure ALL your characters have both Joy & Sun Chakras linked to get double normal attacks from the passive linked ability, "Double Gaia IV"

MC has Orichalcum Sword equipped (Orichalcum Sword restores HP to MC).

Heath has the "Bun Gun" or the "Absolute-0 Gun" equipped.

Mina...equip either the "Queen's Knife" or the "Bun Knife".  Most importantly, though, Mina is THE group healer, so be ready to have her cast "Rikua-Dora" on your party after a powerful attack on your group.

Basil...pretty much the same strategy, equip the strongest equipment on him and have him attack normally.  Just make sure NOT to attack with Psy abilities, as Basil usually ends up dying from it getting reflected.

What level are your characters?  I wouldn't recommend going against the final boss before being at least level 45-50 (and I think that's kind of low).  I think I was around level 65 when I beat the game the first time (just for reference...I'm sure you can beat the game at a lower level).

Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll get it.  Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:31:48 pm by Bwah »

Malias

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:57 pm »
I think bun combining is broken.  It seems that no matter which two buns you choose, you always get Miss You Turbo.
The great achievement is to lose one's reason for no reason, and to let my lady know that if I can do this without cause, what should I do if there were cause?
     ~Don Quixote~