kalita-kan worked like a machine the last few weeks in order to make so many new things work in Wolfenstein 3D.
They said, Wolfenstein 3D for the SNES is one of the worst ports ever made... well not anymore!!!
I would even go as far and say it is now one of the best ports considering the weak hardware it works on and without any special chips like SFX or SA-1.
Forget what you know and enjoy Wolfenstein 3D on SNES as it was meant to be before Nintendo came around the corner with stupid censorship and guidelines.
What was done:
- Reworked and fully uncut Sprites
- HUD Faces have now about 50 new frames to show B.J.s status.
- Wall Textures have been optimized for low resolution and are fully uncut
- Wall Textures are no longer mirrored ingame
- Elevator Switch animation and Sound is back
- All Bosses have now their DOS Speech like "Guten Tag" or "Mutti"
- Pickup sound for BigGuns (DOS) implemented
- 3 modes of weapon changing available in options
- proper god mode
- Schabbs now turns you into a Mutant at kill like on DOS
- new Sound SFX has been added for SS Guards >> DOS "Schutzstaffel!" and "Spion" for Officers.
- the Dogs are reimplemented with sounds
- the SNES rats have been kept in the game as new enemy and will be used in Episode 3 and 4 (Schabbs, Übermutant)
- The Cross item is back but we also kept the Scepter and put it in some levels
- many bug fixes to the engine
- in order to implement all the new sounds the sound engine had to be rewritten
- Mission Briefings have been updated
- Title Screen, Wolfenstein Logo, Mission Briefing and Intermission screens have been cleaned up
- right now we are converting more music tracks from the DOS version to be included in the SNES version
- Game is now 24Mbits
- much more
The hack is still been working on but I want to leave a small teaser here for you.
Maybe you can spot the many changes already.https://streamable.com/mzvqwd