News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Does anyone know program ?  (Read 1032 times)

shadow501

• Modder
    • View Profile
Does anyone know program ?
« on: July 17, 2021, 10:09:24 am »
Hello

Does anyone know program convert ISO to file type *img* ?  :-\

I used Magic iso and iso buster and but I don't found file type *img*

shadow501

• Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know program ?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 05:33:40 pm »

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »
What game is the ISO for?
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 09:39:57 am »
I used UltraISO but the file img corrupt....not work
What are you doing with the .img file that makes you think it is corrupt?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

shadow501

• Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 11:45:17 am »
What game is the ISO for?

Suikoden II

What are you doing with the .img file that makes you think it is corrupt?

When I use UltraIso to convert file to *.img* then run the game by psxfin.exe, The file is corrupt....and not working.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 01:04:02 pm »
I don't know how those tools convert between formats (whether it does a check of the file format first), but is your original file truly an "ISO" in the sense of being a 2048-byte-per-sector file, and not a .BIN/.IMG file under a different file extension? And I think psxfin can run 2048-byte-sector disc images if the error-correction data is truly unneeded. What happens when you try to run the unaltered disc image? Did you check if it's a good dump? What is its exact size?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 01:26:45 pm by Vehek »

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 03:53:46 pm »
Is it possible that you're telling it that the disc image is the wrong mode or form? What does the user interface request that you do to load or import a file? Can you walk us through the steps to do so?

shadow501

• Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 07:59:14 pm »
I have Suikoden.bin and I want convert it to *.img* format, But Ultraiso make file corrupt.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 09:22:02 pm »
Yes, we have established that.  If you want help, please try to answer the questions.

What does the user interface request that you do to load or import a file? Can you walk us through the steps to do so?

If you can't answer the question, then please seek the aid of someone who speaks your native language, because we can't really help you otherwise.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

shadow501

• Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 08:13:03 am »
Yes, we have established that.  If you want help, please try to answer the questions.

If you can't answer the question, then please seek the aid of someone who speaks your native language, because we can't really help you otherwise.

I load Suikoden.bin file then I converted to .img

Greyfield

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 02:44:40 pm »
I'm not sure I can help with the corruption part, but if you indeed have a BIN file, you could go to someplace like redump.org to check the hashes (CRC32, MD5, etc) on it to make sure you have a clean rip.  If they don't match, you could have a corrupted file - or just one that doesn't match.  But if you want to try another program or two, here's another way to convert between ISO or BIN/CUE and IMG formats using DAEMON Tools Lite and ImgBurn.

1.  If you  have a BIN file, make sure you have a CUE file with it for proper drive mounting and for use with various emulators.  If you have an ISO file, you shouldn't need a CUE file.

2.  You'll need some virtual drive software to mount the image.  Try DAEMON Tools Lite (www.daemon-tools.cc), if you don't already have virtual drive software installed.

3.  Mount your BIN/CUE (with the CUE file) or ISO with your virtual drive software

4.  Use ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com) to convert between formats.  Use the "Create Image from Disk" option.  For the source, use your virtual drive.  For the destination, change the file format to IMG before reading.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 03:18:48 pm by Greyfield »