News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: The translation for Atelier Marie + Elie, the first Atelier games, is complete!  (Read 6849 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: aquagon

After several years in the making, the Atelier Traduction team has completed and released their English translation patch for Atelier Marie + Elie: The Alchemists of Salburg 1 & 2.

This game is the PlayStation 2 remaster for Atelier Marie: The Alchemist of Salburg, and Atelier Elie: The Alchemist of Salburg 2, which features remade graphics and improvements in the quality of the sound and game interface.

In addition to fully translating both of the games included in the remaster, the patch also fixes a multitude of bugs and incorrect event conditions, and it also brings back the original PSX attract videos for both games and the Extra Menu they each used to have.

This is a patch that shouldn't be overlooked by fans of the Atelier series and Gust's games.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

patuli

• View Profile
Wow, I don't know what to say, this came out of nowhere, I will be playing this game non stop, next week!
seeing PS2 translations is incredible rare! thank you so much for this.

OK I tried the autopatcher, and stops at 92% it says the image have a bad crc, however already check the ps2 image with the redump hashes
Spoiler:
CRC-32 879471a8 MD5 973cffdbc7439162d7c3e941f00f9ec8 and SHA-1 dff81514d7f72a6a390a6d13be1da2c4cd2abd2c
So I know is the correct one, any help?

Spoiler:

Finally got the patch to work with xdelta guide, for some reason, It fails if both files (input-output) are in the same directory

Correct Crc32, MD5 and SHA-1 below:
Spoiler:

already tried on opl thanks!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:36:53 am by patuli »

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
Wow, this is really out of left field and I'm gonna have to check it out at some point.

Bregalad

• View Profile
This is a patch that shouldn't be overlooked by fans of the Atelier series and Gust's games
I'm definitely a fan of Eternal Mana trilogy, so I'll have to check this out ! Although I think the games sounds a lot less fun with alchemy only and without their RPG elements, but maybe I'm wrong.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
Congratulations to all involved! I have been waiting for a way of playing this remake in English for five or six years now, so I'm really stoked!

I'm definitely a fan of Eternal Mana trilogy, so I'll have to check this out ! Although I think the games sounds a lot less fun with alchemy only and without their RPG elements, but maybe I'm wrong.

The Atelier Iris trilogy and to some extent also the two Mana Khemia games (yes, they're considered part of the series) are kind of the outliers in the series, being more traditional jrpgs. This not to say the more classic Atelier games have no rpg elements whatsoever. When exploring new locations to gather ingredients you will need to fight monsters. It's just that battles are not the main part of the game, more a side activity. Whether this is fun depends on one's tastes, really.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:14:53 am by mziab »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
I really liked Atelier Sophie. Although it did go TOO far in letting you do what you want, virtually no risk to be had.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
I really liked Atelier Sophie. Although it did go TOO far in letting you do what you want, virtually no risk to be had.

I'm playing through Sophie at the moment and I can't seem to get into it like I did with previous games, mostly for the reason you mentioned. It just seems a less focused experience. And the somewhat confusing system of unlocking recipes doesn't help. In general I think it's a step back from the Dusk trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed, especially in terms the battle system. I'm still enjoying Sophie, just not as much as, say, Shallie.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:20:48 am by mziab »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
If you say so. Paint-drying watchers everywhere weep in awe at the marvelous Dusk trilogy. :P

mikeprado30

• View Profile
WOW! That is what I call a REAL undertaking in games translation  :woot!:

I hope to play it soon.  Thanks a lot to the people involved in this work for the effort made  :thumbsup:

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
If you say so. Paint-drying watchers everywhere weep in awe at the marvelous Dusk trilogy. :P

To each his own, I guess. I liked the soundtrack and the Mana Khemia-esque twist on the battle system. The plots in most PS3-era Atelier games are kind of samey but with different characters, to be honest, but if the gameplay and presentation is good, I see no problem with that. Just out of of curiosity, what do you think of the Arland trilogy?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:54:50 pm by mziab »

Bregalad

• View Profile
When exploring new locations to gather ingredients you will need to fight monsters. It's just that battles are not the main part of the game, more a side activity. Whether this is fun depends on one's tastes, really.
That's exactly what I love about Eternal Mana trilogy, you spend much, much less time in battle in proportion than in others JRPGs. Maybe it's 30% of the time at worst, while most JRPGS it's above 90%. Collecting new ingredients and discovering new places comes first.

Oh that and the soundtrack. THE SOUNDTRACK. OMFG. Puts all other videogames, period, to shame, including those well known for their great soundtracks.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
Oh that and the soundtrack. THE SOUNDTRACK. OMFG. Puts all other videogames, period, to shame, including those well known for their great soundtracks.

Yeah, the Gust Sound Team does some excellent work. Several of their soundtracks are among my favorites. Both Ar Tonelico soundtracks in particular are easily among the best from the PS2 era.

Vercalos

• View Profile
Yes yes yes yes!  I've been wanting to play this in English for years!  It's been a while since I've seen a translation that has gotten me this excited.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:47:37 pm by Vercalos »

getter77

• View Profile
Quite an achievement!  8)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
To each his own, I guess. I liked the soundtrack and the Mana Khemia-esque twist on the battle system. The plots in most PS3-era Atelier games are kind of samey but with different characters, to be honest, but if the gameplay and presentation is good, I see no problem with that. Just out of of curiosity, what do you think of the Arland trilogy?

Arland is in between. I only liked one game from most of the trilogies. Sophie and Meruru, to a lesser extent Iris 3 and Ayesha.

NealonLedbetter

• View Profile
Thank you so much!!!!