I just took the original ROM, applied the most recent version of the Redux patch from your Github page, then applied the NES battle music patch, and nothing else. I went over to the second continent and went into a battle, and it's still playing the FDS version.
Do you know how to Hex edit a ROM?
You can do it inside FCEUX itself if you use that.
So, I need the following changes done and tested in-game:
* At 0x02922 - A9 04 (For NES) / A9 08 (For FDS)
* At 0x19DD7 - A9 04 (For NES) / A9 08 (For FDS)
* At 0x19DDC - A9 04 (For NES) / A9 08 (For FDS)
* At 0x1FECB - A9 04 (For NES) / A9 08 (For FDS)
* At 0x1FED1 - A9 04 (For NES) / A9 08 (For FDS)
If anyone can do these changes and test them out, please let me know.
I simply need to know if changing all of those addresses to A9 04 makes the NES Theme play at all times, and if changing all of them to A9 08 makes the FDS Theme play at all times.
I only modified the ones in 0x19DD7 and 0x19DDC for the patches, but probably ignoring the other addresses is what's still making the other track play.