News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Castlevania 3 - Linear Version  (Read 2298 times)

Turambar

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 3 - Linear Version
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 12:13:22 pm »
Updated the patch again.
I made various improvements, little things that bothered me about the game.
I fixed the tiles of the Axe Armor, which were offset incorrectly, leaving gaps.
I fixed the tiles of the Leviathan boss as it comes out of the coffin, which were flipped incorrectly.
I fixed the floor during the 2nd form of the Death fight. Originally the top of the floor tiles kind of got "eaten".
I fixed an animation when you say no to a guest character, the head used to end on a frame where Trevor is looking away.
I fixed the weird "door bounce" in the Japanese version when you open a door.
Here is a screenie!

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 12:45:30 pm »
I thought that some of the animations in the game were too slow, so I made them faster!

Which ones exactly and by how much? When I started working on this people almost ordered my assassination for desecrating CV3.  ::)

Not to mention bugs were introduced in some sections due to the increased move speed.

Turambar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 12:57:08 pm »
Which ones exactly and by how much?
Character change speed (I changed the sound effect too), door transition speed, the super slow flooding animation that happens after phase 1 of the Sunken City boss. I'm not going to change anything that affects gameplay, I just hate waiting.

Also, I sometimes see a weird graphical glitch when fighting the Sunken City bone dragon boss, where his falling body parts will turn into garbage tiles. I want to fix it, but it only happens when I'm not expecting it and therefore can't save state to test it. Anybody know how it happens?

#

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 02:14:07 pm »
Character change speed (I changed the sound effect too), door transition speed, the super slow flooding animation that happens after phase 1 of the Sunken City boss. I'm not going to change anything that affects gameplay, I just hate waiting.
Great work! I hate those long gameplay breaking segments as well and coincidentally I've been working on similar changes for another game. You should consider releasing those changes as a separate patch for the core game as well.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 02:42:59 pm »
I have a version that does exactly that: no waiting, but same gameplay. I never bothered to submit it due to negative feedback :P My rom name is "original gameplay, but no bull****", but it's for the J version.

PachaWillWatchYa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2018, 05:12:26 pm »
I have a version that does exactly that: no waiting, but same gameplay. I never bothered to submit it due to negative feedback :P My rom name is "original gameplay, but no bull****", but it's for the J version.
I thought the hack with increased player speed was the one with shitty feedback.

@Turambar
Good job, my man.
You're doing the god's work. :thumbsup:

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »
I'd tried it out & I have to say pretty good :)