News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Super Mario Land (Not yet named)  (Read 163 times)

RyanD

• View Profile
Super Mario Land (Not yet named)
« on: Today at 07:27:55 am »
Hello! This is a Super Mario Land rom hack I've been working on for the past month with Land Forger.

The tile graphics themselves are unchanged but I tried to make the levels feel as different as I could.

The level editor also lets you use enemies from other worlds that then use graphics from whatever world they're in like loading the plane/missile enemies from the auto scroller stage onto the first stage works but they look like the bug enemies.

The game so far is pretty challenging but I'll likely make changes based off of feedback if something seems to unfair.

At the moment I'm still positioning enemies and testing levels but I'm fairly close to being done. A few stages still need to be finished and I'm experiencing some strange errors like levels being cut in half or power ups being completely swapped with the positions on another stage so I have to keep testing to see if anything becomes corrupted which is making the final steps a bit stressful.

They could be features of the editor that I'm not aware of but I'm having to just make minor changes and many play through tests to make sure things still work like they should.

Also either emulator I'm using seems to cut off the "gameboy" intro so I can't test the hidden 12 gb palettes, instead I tried similar custom colors to test the green and pink palettes. Maybe I'm just not seeing where that can be changed?

Anyways I'm hoping this will feel like some kind of lost direct sequel to the original game! These are some screenshots I posted on twitter, but I can cut them down in size if they're too wide for the forum.

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
Re: Super Mario Land (Not yet named)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:52:19 pm »
This looks really cool! Looking forward to future updates!  :)