News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima  (Read 2866 times)

aml435

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »
Have you considered, if you have more ideas and need more space, using something like LunarExpand to expand the rom to give you more room to work with?

September 19, 2018, 02:21:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, I noticed that after the attack on Fabul, when the king gives you his sword, in the dialog, it's named Doom (sword icon), but in your inventory it's named (sword icon) DthBrngr.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:21:21 am by aml435 »

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 03:47:23 pm »
Have you considered, if you have more ideas and need more space, using something like LunarExpand to expand the rom to give you more room to work with?

September 19, 2018, 02:21:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, I noticed that after the attack on Fabul, when the king gives you his sword, in the dialog, it's named Doom (sword icon), but in your inventory it's named (sword icon) DthBrngr.
Hi aml435,
Yes, that's actually one way to add more 'stuff' to the rom and I believe it's actually what the FF4ed editor does when editing the world maps. It moves the world map data from the original location in the rom and append the new data at the end by expanding the rom. That's why this hack is probably incompatible with some of the patches out there.

Thanks for pointing out the typo for the Deathbringer. This has actually been addressed in v1.0b so do check out the new patch! Old saves are compatible so no worries! :)

Cheers!  :beer:

Almon
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...