News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes  (Read 490797 times)

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Re: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes
« Reply #3040 on: November 12, 2019, 08:35:22 am »
Yes, that would work, but I wanted to know if the problem is on my end so it can be added to the Canoe compatibility list if it's not.
I see what you mean. It's not you, that game is not Canoe compatible with the glitch you described.

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 12, 2019, 09:12:43 pm »
I have some good news about Vitor Vilela's SA-1 Contra III being compatible with Canoe. Currently it works just fine until the game makes its SRAM file, which is an added feature. Once this SRAM file has been made, the game will always just go to a black screen upon trying to load. I talked to Victor about this and he said

"hey @teahouser, you're welcome, thank you! I think changing the byte x7FD6 to 34 (hex) might fix it, since it will make the chip no longer save the BW-RAM"

I have no experience modifying bytes, but if one of you guys would like to apply the SA-1 Contra patch to the game, hex edit the bytes listed, then create a patch of the now disabled saving, we should now have a functioning patch to add to the compatibility list so everyone with a SNES Classic can enjoy Contra III with zero slowdown. (it's glorious)

Samus12345

• View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 12, 2019, 10:45:26 pm »
I see what you mean. It's not you, that game is not Canoe compatible with the glitch you described.

Thanks for the confirmation! And thanks to whoever added it to the compatibility list.

I have some good news about Vitor Vilela's SA-1 Contra III being compatible with Canoe. Currently it works just fine until the game makes its SRAM file, which is an added feature. Once this SRAM file has been made, the game will always just go to a black screen upon trying to load. I talked to Victor about this and he said

"hey @teahouser, you're welcome, thank you! I think changing the byte x7FD6 to 34 (hex) might fix it, since it will make the chip no longer save the BW-RAM"

I have no experience modifying bytes, but if one of you guys would like to apply the SA-1 Contra patch to the game, hex edit the bytes listed, then create a patch of the now disabled saving, we should now have a functioning patch to add to the compatibility list so everyone with a SNES Classic can enjoy Contra III with zero slowdown. (it's glorious)

Unfortunately, both this hack and the Gradius III SA-1 have the same problem with Canoe - after making a save state and loading, the ship/characters have garbled graphics, meaning you're forced to play it in one sitting. Deal breaker for me.

November 14, 2019, 01:35:29 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Another Canoe issue to report: The Combatribes has overscan when loading a save state.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:35:29 am by Samus12345 »

Bosco82

• View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:20 pm »
I haven't tested it yet but this should fix The Combatribes

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nd7ab8

Samus12345

• View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 20, 2019, 12:16:55 am »
I haven't tested it yet but this should fix The Combatribes

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nd7ab8

Worked like a charm! Thanks, Bosco!

Renryuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: November 23, 2019, 09:32:10 am »
My apologies, I noticed that there was a patch that partially fixes the whole wonkiness with the fuzzies in Yoshi's Island and I tried using the links to download the patch, but they no longer work. Does anyone have a working link to the patch? I tried looking in the google doc compatibility list, but it didn't have anything there.  :(

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: November 26, 2019, 09:28:14 am »
Anyone has that Yoshi Island patch Sluffy did? It's not in the google docs or in robin64's patches.

Bosco82

• View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 26, 2019, 09:55:55 pm »
I have one of the patches, do you have a save file so I can check if its the right patch.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 29, 2019, 09:14:30 am »
I have one of the patches, do you have a save file so I can check if its the right patch.

Here's a .srm and a canoe save (unnamed):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/uy3iup