Here are the last reports from the last test by FireWisp:
-I had a full lockup with black screen after I went Game Over in the first level. After Game Over normaly the Highscore screen should appear. This happened only one time. In order to make sure I deleted reinstalled the game and tried again. Crash did not happen again so far but we should keep an eye on it.
-There are a few rough sounds playing. The Virgin jingle at the beginning and the Rainbow Arts logo sound are very scratchy.
Also the cursor sound it makes when you switch options or enter highscores sound very noisy and scratchy. I don't know if this is just bad sound emulation by canoe.
-In Level 7 I think there was a GFX error in the city BG short after the beginning.
Tested every level in Rendering Ranger
with the latest overscan (i.e. until I died in each, I didn't use the cheat patch) and the levels seem ok.
- I did not have any lockups after game over. I died multiple times on levels 1 and 7 in particular. However, when pressing the soft reset combination to go back to the title screen (Down+Select) the game always shows a black screen.
- Didn't notice any rough/scratchy sounds when compared to snes9x using the patched and vanilla roms. There is no cursor sound when entering a high score, but there is one in the main and password screens and it seems ok to me.
- Again, level 7 looks fine.
I think all that's missing is that somebody does a full playthrough (sorry, don't have the time right now).
(with latest patch): same behavior
- pid BD10: arches work, sound issues after pausing
- pid BA10: cannot interact with arches, good soundNichibutsu Arcade Classics 2 - Heiankyou Alien
: Vanilla rom works perfectly fine with pid 0000. Please remove from list. Rom info:
No-Intro Name: Nichibutsu Arcade Classics 2 - Heiankyou Alien (Japan)
(No-Intro version 20130701-030720)
ROM/File SHA-1: C40C9BF482F8BFA2B4E1B27AB41CCCC737ED8004Sunset Riders
: here's a video of the issue, recorded using a potato -please ignore the window reflection (top left) and focus on the middle of the screen: https://streamable.com/d7nza
Notice the yellow blocks that show up randomly, most noticeable towards the end of the video (0:14) https://imgur.com/gallery/A0WNt
. Not sure about the explosions. To get there: On the character select screen press Lx5, Rx5. Select your character and then stage 4.
Finally, I did a few more tests using preset id 6810
and the problems continue in the following games:
- Air Strike Patrol
- American Tail (with last patch -tail3.ips-): You can see the "Licensed by Nintendo" screen and then it goes black.
- Bust-a-Move: Same animation glitches
- Lion King: same minor background issue after you die in lava stage.
- Little Magic: Same. black screen (vanilla), no background (patched).
- Rock n' Roll Racing (patched): Same minor graphic issues.
- Super Family Tennis: this along ASP, I did just for my own amusement. Same problem.
- Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss Gentei Han: Black screen after company logo.
- Top Gear 2: Same. black screen when 2p or password.