Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes

Started by sluffy, February 10, 2018, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kscorpionx

Hello, I recently modified my snes classic mini and found a problem in the adventures of batman and robin played with canoe, the third stage where you need to use a flashlight, the light effect is wrong, the light affects a large part of the screen

lexluthermiester

#3121
Quote from: kscorpionx on October 15, 2022, 09:11:36 PMHello, I recently modified my snes classic mini and found a problem in the adventures of batman and robin played with canoe, the third stage where you need to use a flashlight, the light effect is wrong, the light affects a large part of the screen
Use a different Emulation engine, such as SNES9X. Generally works better. In the ROM loader when selecting the rom if you click on the ROM entry there are options to change the emulation core.

arkiokin

Quote from: kscorpionx on October 15, 2022, 09:11:36 PMHello, I recently modified my snes classic mini and found a problem in the adventures of batman and robin played with canoe, the third stage where you need to use a flashlight, the light effect is wrong, the light affects a large part of the screen

Thank you for this issue report ! But good news for you, this issue is easily solved if you put a preset ID at 1068 for this game (ctrl+alt+e in hakchi) so you have now the correct light if you play with canoe !!  :thumbsup:

reyvgm


kscorpionx

Quote from: arkiokin on October 18, 2022, 06:07:30 PMThank you for this issue report ! But good news for you, this issue is easily solved if you put a preset ID at 1068 for this game (ctrl+alt+e in hakchi) so you have now the correct light if you play with canoe !!  :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot arkiokin it works perfectly, i´ll keep testing more games.

kscorpionx

Hello everyone! Just to report some issues to update the canoe compatibility list and make it as accurate as possible:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 at the end of the game, where the turtles appear on the blimp, the background shows some corrupted graphics (Blue lines), ID 1068 fix this.
- The music and sounds on Barts nightmare and Virtual Bart are wrong, apparently ID 10EF fix this.
I was comparing the issues in these games and they are the same in the injected wii games, does anyone know where I should report these problems to update the list?

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_VC_Injections_Compatibility_List 

arkiokin

Quote from: kscorpionx on November 09, 2022, 10:21:00 AMHello everyone! Just to report some issues to update the canoe compatibility list and make it as accurate as possible:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 at the end of the game, where the turtles appear on the blimp, the background shows some corrupted graphics (Blue lines), ID 1068 fix this.
- The music and sounds on Barts nightmare and Virtual Bart are wrong, apparently ID 10EF fix this.
I was comparing the issues in these games and they are the same in the injected wii games, does anyone know where I should report these problems to update the list?

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_VC_Injections_Compatibility_List 


Thanks a lot for these reports, nice finds ! (indeed I verified for bart's nightmare, good correction) :thumbsup: I have updated the sheet. Thanks again ! :)