News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes  (Read 425818 times)

svenge

• View Profile
Re: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes
« Reply #3020 on: July 27, 2019, 11:12:30 am »
Is it possible to take the uncompressed logos from the official ToM ROM and transplant them into the 2001 fan translated ROM in the same manner?

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 27, 2019, 02:17:33 pm »
Is it possible to take the uncompressed logos from the official ToM ROM and transplant them into the 2001 fan translated ROM in the same manner?
There's already a team working on it. I messaged them earlier this week, and they said it would take a couple more weeks. They want it to coincide with the release of their German re-translation.  :thumbsup:
free sluffy

svenge

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 27, 2019, 04:19:07 pm »
There's already a team working on it. I messaged them earlier this week, and they said it would take a couple more weeks. They want it to coincide with the release of their German re-translation.  :thumbsup:

Fair enough.  Since they are the ones doing the actual work, it's only fair for them to time its release to a related project.

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 29, 2019, 02:09:58 am »
The Trials of Mana title screen hack got updated!

I'll let you know if it works on the SNES Classic.

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:29:11 am by Dzumeister »
free sluffy

Torti-the-Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: August 01, 2019, 05:26:47 am »
Hi guys, i am new here. My name is Torti, Torti the smurf, nice to meet you  :woot!:

I have a HUGE request guys because i am kind of despirate; you guys and sluffy are my only hope.
(sorry for the star wars reference)

You see, i try for day┬┤s now to get TERRANIGMA (german version) to run on the SNES Mini  :banghead:
No luck  :banghead: I have tried so many things; nothing.
(well, i can get it to run but then i have no sound/music what so ever :'( )

Please help, you are my only hope .   (The Snes mini & terranigma would be for my daughter)

Please help. Sluffy, i need you  :angel:

Bosco82

• View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: August 01, 2019, 04:18:11 pm »
On a clean Terranigma (Germany) rom use the included patch then when adding the rom to hakchi if your not using sfromtool than set the preset to EF10 https://www.sendspace.com/file/eoeayz

Torti-the-Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: August 02, 2019, 06:31:20 am »
 :o Wow , it works  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much, you made me and my daugher very happy  :thumbsup:
You Sir, ROCK !!!!  :angel:

Thank you so much.  :beer:

OM1979

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: August 10, 2019, 09:59:45 pm »
Nosferatu looks like same mystery bug as always.

arkiokin found a Uniracers bug. To easy reproduce, start 2P, 1st track. Have P1 jump up and down and you'll notice it disappearing early from bottom window (and P2 vanishing early from top). They should normally clip exactly at the window boundary.

This is because of curtain size. It can't shrink down to required scanline accuracy. You will need sa-1 coprocessor (speed!) to physically rip each scanline in the sprite as it moves out-of-bounds. Aka not fixing for long time. Which is why Rockstar North used the oam quirk, which Canoe disallows completely. HDMA forced blanking to access oam is also forbidden (by Canoe). Changing sprite size is also ignored (by Canoe). I don't know of any other method to push it through.

Have to use Retroarch if you want 100% pure satisfaction. Canoe has its limits; this is definitely one. Gradients might be another. And 6MB HiROM. Unsure about 6-8 MB SA-1 HiROM.

note: Uni5 clipped sprites entering top window, which caused sprites to fall down the bottom.

===0
Yes. It's utterly disappointing to have spent that much time on Uniracers engine. And failed to 100% it. It's what it is - close but not perfect. No happy green smiley. Moving on from this.

===1
Pirates of Dark Water (usa, 0000, clean) -- item gain, level clear
https://www.sendspace.com/file/941mlv

Clean up oam offscreen bits.

===2
Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger - Zenkai! Racer Senshi (Japan) (ST).sfc (0000, japan, clean)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/wdp1xk

beat bps delta patch. Does not use ST bios.

===3
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon Sailor Stars - Fuwa Fuwa Panic 2 (Japan) (ST).sfc (0000, japan, clean)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/892f7m

beat bps delta patch. Does not use ST bios.

Anyone has the patched Sufami Turbo roms? The Sendspace links have expired.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:55:36 pm by OM1979 »

Bosco82

• View Profile