Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes

Started by sluffy, February 10, 2018, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin64

Quote from: matt! on August 19, 2018, 03:37:40 AM
thanks.

These are all for sfrom tool.

Anybody got the original IPS patches?

The .ips files are in there. Associate .cnp files with WinRAR.

(A cnp file is simply a rar file that contains the ips and an xml file which tells the program what to do, such as setting a PID, a special byte, and so on. It also stops people applying the ips to the wrong ROM)

matt!

I wasnt sure lich's collection was up to date and had everything?

arkiokin

#2882
Quote from: matt! on August 19, 2018, 08:59:14 AM
I wasnt sure lich's collection was up to date and had everything?

clearly not up to date with also some patchs not included (for the last games solved by sluffy). For a complete ips patch pack, I supose you will have to create it manually from robin64 sfrom pack or to pick one by one in the common compatibility sheet (which is up to date). For the games I need a patch I personally use this second option, my bible ^^

tqhoang

#2883
Quote from: Bosco82 on July 05, 2018, 09:08:40 PM
Crimson Echoes - reupload
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ls6teg

Quote from: pimpinelephant on May 03, 2018, 01:46:37 PM
crimson1b.bps + 0000 + 03 = Success!... So far!
Everything that I have played so far has been working correctly.
...
So far, everything is looking to be working correctly!

I'm wondering though, would it be better to use Chrono Trigger's Preset ID of 110B?
I did NOT experience any sound issues though, so I think it might be perfectly fine with 0000.

Does anyone know what the CRC32 of the Crimson Echoes ROM should be for this patch?

Update: The no-header Crimson Echoes ROM must have CRC32=10DA3AA1

mamertos

Demon's Crest: graphic glitch when you use an elixir (it's required to be dead for restore your health automatically). The issue: a vertical black line appears.

Domino089

Quote from: mamertos on August 26, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
Demon's Crest: graphic glitch when you use an elixir (it's required to be dead for restore your health automatically). The issue: a vertical black line appears.

Did you try with the official ID for this game 4610 (Hakchi) / 1046 (SFROM Tool)? Or did you try it with 0000?

mamertos

#2886
Demon's Crest: I was wrong, there is not a glitch. That black line appears in the original game. Tested with snes9x. Sorry for the confusion.

rhester72

Did anyone keep a copy of Bosco's patch for F1 Pole Position 2?  It came from this post:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25789.msg360041#msg360041

but appears to no longer be available and isn't part of Robin's patch collection.

tqhoang

Quote from: rhester72 on September 01, 2018, 10:15:06 AM
Did anyone keep a copy of Bosco's patch for F1 Pole Position 2?  It came from this post:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25789.msg360041#msg360041

but appears to no longer be available and isn't part of Robin's patch collection.

This is what I have in my local patch archive.
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/rQEQOgwHbhfwRObjmXzcpQ


mamertos

OFFTOPIC: Question about NES Mini.

Hi! I recently saw in the NES Mini Patch Pack from Robin64 an update and surprising me there is a patch for Adventures of Lolo. Could anyone tell me what's wrong with that game? I played it through kachikachi and I didn't see any problem.

Robin64

Quote from: mamertos on September 09, 2018, 06:21:03 AM
OFFTOPIC: Question about NES Mini.

Hi! I recently saw in the NES Mini Patch Pack from Robin64 an update and surprising me there is a patch for Adventures of Lolo. Could anyone tell me what's wrong with that game? I played it through kachikachi and I didn't see any problem.

Specifically, the no-intro US version was giving a C6 error.

Making it bootable led to this:



Some more editing, and the patch that's in the pack, fixes it:



Bosco82

The US no-intro rom of Adventures of Lolo is a bad dump, I've checked your patch and it makes it the same crc as the good dump in GoodNES

KingMike

Is it actually a bad dump, or is it just missing a header?

I took the ROM
ROM CRC32:  0x71bf075f
ROM MD5:  0xbd377b49dcc269c6270ec0ea6336baf5
Added a header
of "NES",0x1A,0x02,0x04,0x10 and the rest zeroes and it seemed to run fine.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Bosco82

#2895
You're right it is just missing a header, but that trips up kachikachi, it needs roms with a header

SupaSAIAN

Update your latest No-Intro sets, now NES and FDS ROMs comes with headers


KingMike

From my understanding No-Intro never explicitly had headers (the hash calculations were meant to ignore headers if present), it's technically whoever is bundling the ROMs.

I know No-Intro did that for NES because NES ROMs without headers are unusable but the FDS header is completely unnecessary. Literally the only information it has is the number of disk sides, which can already be inferred from the ROM file size.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

SupaSAIAN

Quote from: KingMike on September 11, 2018, 11:33:58 AM
From my understanding No-Intro never explicitly had headers (the hash calculations were meant to ignore headers if present), it's technically whoever is bundling the ROMs.

I know No-Intro did that for NES because NES ROMs without headers are unusable but the FDS header is completely unnecessary. Literally the only information it has is the number of disk sides, which can already be inferred from the ROM file size.

I dont know well how it works or why are they doing that, I only comment what I see in their sets from a time ago to here  :P

Robin64

So I'm pretty mad right now.

There's a new device on the market, the "Classic 2 Magic", which allows users to plug SNES carts into their SNES Mini and play them.

Guess where they got the 257 Canoe patches from.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(