Visual SAK: Visual Swiss Army Knife
A new tool developed that will be more like the real Swiss Army Knife - a toolbox in one package, easy to use, does few things but do them with precision!
The toolbox will be focused on ripping of visuals from different ROM - Sprites, Graphics, Palettes, Tiles, ... but not casual ripping rather - finding, documenting, exporting and maybe in the feature importing.Main Features:
- Mapping of graphics
- Naming of graphic objects
- Saving all findings as a document/project for easy reuse
- Multiple BPP format
- Multiple compression formats
- Exporting of graphic objects in PNG
- easy to manipulate attributes to find out desired graphic (Width, Height, Offset)
- customizable palette for displaying a graphic with the correct colorsVisual Swiss Army Knife (Visual SAK)
- proof of concept: Download: RHND submission: 3.1 Latest exe (Version 4.0)Versions:
1.0 - First release. Manual address adding for tiles and palette. Save/Load project. Template system for interpreting the images. Currently only GBA 4BPP LZ10 is supported.
2.0 - Template system improved. Added a new Template: GBA 4bpp (no compression). Some visual changes and many, many internals rewritten to take advantage in the new Template system
2.1 - unreleased version. Design change - added status bar. Non-edit info moved there
2.2 - Added 2 new Templates: SNES 3/4bpp (no compression). Major workflow changes thanks to weissvulf
3.0 - Many changes. "Double buffer" engine. Export of the graphics in PNG. Removing of Template system. New 2bpp SNES. New 8bpp PC. New compression format: LZSS-F5/LZSS-F6 (used in SNES versions of FF5/FF6). Longer names (20->30 character).
3.1 - New 8bpp SNES Mode 7(2). New 8bpp SNES Mode 3. New compression format: LZSS-CT (used in SNES version of Chrono Trigger). New feature: importing a palette from ZSENS save-state files!
3.2 - New 4bpp SNES FX. New features: import/export to Photoshop aco/act format. Export to ZSNES save-state. New feature: contextual menu and buttons for the graphics list. New operations over the list - sorting, moving. New feature: speedy add of a new address, right after selected one.
4.0 - Again huge update. New shiny GUI. New Templates - 2bpp for NES/NGP, 4bpp for PC, 15bpp (BGR 555 - SNES/GBA/PSX palette). New scle-able file format for your work. Import of graphics. Save of a changed ROMToDo List:
- adding Search ability. Initially for LZ10 compression.
- reading compressed Palettes. Initially LZ10 only
- support for other compression (on request)
- support of other console format (on request)