News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tile Editor  (Read 614 times)

matalog

• View Profile
Tile Editor
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:32:28 pm »
Is there a tile editor like Tile layer Pro, that allows you to edit a 2x2 or 3x2 set of tiles (full sprite) instead of editing a single block at  a time?

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tile Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
YY-CHR has that ability to an extent.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:29:21 am »
I usually prefer to use Tile Molester and export the stuff I want to edit to a picture file, then use GIMP to do the actual drawing, then you can do whatever you want. A program like GIMP has way more features. Then you can import it back to TM when you're done.

TM also has a lot of flexibility with choosing how many bytes are in a row/column, as well as every format you can imagine. I confess I haven't used YY-CHR, because I've never needed to look beyond TM.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:24:19 am »
TilEd2002 has the option to copy individual tiles to a separate internal editor window and then back again. This can do what you want here.

Crystaltile2 might have it somewhere, it certainly does have the ability to parse certain formats and generate a whole image for its editor mode.

What Psyklax said about external editors is where I would head though. While the TilEd2002 approach make final fantasy top half bottom half sprite editing trivial you can still do this with layers, guides and a grid in a big boy image editor like GIMP.