News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman: Super - 16-bit Graphics Pack for Mesen  (Read 62258 times)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Megaman: Super - 16-bit Graphics Pack for Mesen
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2021, 12:18:05 am »
The ASM scares me every time I have to dive into one of these games, but it is what it is.
Question then, do I need to work on a specific ROM or disassembly to keep things compatible with this HD pack?
I prefer to build on what was already done as much as possible to avoid reinventing the wheel as it were.

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2021, 01:54:42 am »
A hack that adds Timeman, Oilman and Bondman would be my dream hack too! As far as keeping things compatible with this version, the only changes the patch makes by default is the changes to various tiles which are otherwise identical to other tiles (this is so the HD pack can pick up and support those tiles) and a few minor level edits, I think in Fireman's stage mainly. Then there's the music patch and the pause patch. Otherwise, it's just plain old MM1.

If you wanted to build off the most "necessary" changes, use the Pause Intact NES music patch so all the graphics and level tile edits will work right out of the box. However, some of the tile edits I made were quick and dirty since I didn't need to care what vanilla graphics look like so long as the tiles were not duplicates. You'd probably need to revert some of the changes later to make a non-HD Pack release that doesn't look messy in spots.

Might be easier to just build off a vanilla ROM, it wouldn't take much for me to re-implement the modified graphics and and level edits afterwards.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2021, 09:01:12 am »
i was just curious about this whole dispute thing you mentioned. -

do you know if it was just some random youtube user that complained about it ?? or was it from an actual real named company ??

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2021, 06:30:54 pm »
i was just curious about this whole dispute thing you mentioned. -

do you know if it was just some random youtube user that complained about it ?? or was it from an actual real named company ??

No idea unfortunately. As far as I can tell, Mega.nz doesn't list anywhere who actually claimed the copyright unless I went forward with a formal dispute, using my name and address. The thought crossed my mind quite a bit about it being some random person on the internet, but I don't know either what it takes for a claim to be filed with Mega. I'm sure I've made a few enemies due to my rants about most of the Legacy Collections or who knows what else.

That said, removing the music has seemed to please whoever it was, so maybe it was actually Capcom. I'd still be sort of surprised by that because from what I've seen, they've been fairly accepting of fan projects and I don't see why using chopped up versions of their music is any different than using their original, unedited sprites and BG graphics... which 99% of fan games do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 06:38:10 pm by AxlRocks »

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2021, 06:32:02 am »
Any updates on this or MM2 Super yet?

June 14, 2021, 08:44:27 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
...Guess now, the only way to get the latest version was through Github, then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:44:27 am by lan-vuhoang »

ghettowario

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2021, 09:07:05 pm »
No idea unfortunately. As far as I can tell, Mega.nz doesn't list anywhere who actually claimed the copyright unless I went forward with a formal dispute, using my name and address. The thought crossed my mind quite a bit about it being some random person on the internet, but I don't know either what it takes for a claim to be filed with Mega. I'm sure I've made a few enemies due to my rants about most of the Legacy Collections or who knows what else.

That said, removing the music has seemed to please whoever it was, so maybe it was actually Capcom. I'd still be sort of surprised by that because from what I've seen, they've been fairly accepting of fan projects and I don't see why using chopped up versions of their music is any different than using their original, unedited sprites and BG graphics... which 99% of fan games do.

Is there a way to get this with a music pack?  Or does anyone have a copy of the original upload?

KickMeElmo

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2021, 06:33:13 am »
Unfortunately I'm left wondering similar. While I recognize that the copyright claim means the original is likely no longer an option, I'm hoping someone has a more original music pack available, as comments alluded may be the case in time.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2021, 03:17:02 pm »
This stinks sadly. I really wanted to see how well the remixes would go with this version

CO_Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2021, 12:53:26 am »
I have the last version with all the remixes still intact. Anyone who wants it, just shoot me a PM.