News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman: Super - 16-bit Graphics Pack for Mesen  (Read 56758 times)

lantern48

• All your ring are belong to us.
    • View Profile
Re: Megaman: Super - 16-bit Graphics Pack for Mesen
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2021, 12:13:56 am »
NM
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:21:01 am by lantern48 »

Ray572

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2021, 01:22:40 am »
Thanks, it works perfect. I will play megaman 1 again  :beer:

Bonk

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2021, 02:35:57 am »
Incredible work! Truly! Very very impressed.

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2021, 05:34:08 am »
This is incredibly amazing! I will totally play this graphic pack right away! Also hope to see Mega Man 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 get a 16-bit graphic pack in the future.  :thumbsup:

CasualChris

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2021, 11:12:50 am »
nvm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:25:33 am by CasualChris »

DannyPlaysSomeGames

• Wait, this isn't Burger King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2021, 06:21:49 pm »
I found a glitch (albeit a very cool one) where if you game over and select to return to the stage select, instead of the regular background, you get the highlighted robot master's stage background.

Also, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but none of the defeated robot masters have altered portraits, which can be a bit confusing when trying to figure out where to go next.
Hey there

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2021, 07:48:36 pm »
Yeah I believe it happens on the Wily stages in particular. The value I'm using to detect whether you're in a stage or not isn't reset when game overing in Wily stages like with normal ones. It does look kind of cool though, huh? Lol

I'll have another look at fixing it though.

The portraits not fading out is an oversight. I thought I couldn't set it up but I just realized there is a way I can. I'll work on that in a little bit.

Aclectico

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
Yeah I believe it happens on the Wily stages in particular. The value I'm using to detect whether you're in a stage or not isn't reset when game overing in Wily stages like with normal ones.

I noticed you used "tileAtPosition" checks for the stage select screen, and "memoryChecks" for the actual stage backgrounds. I wonder if simply placing the stage select details above the stage background details in the hires.txt file would solve the issue. That way, the information that pertains to the "Menu_Stage_Select_00.png" file is given priority. I've noticed that "memoryChecks" can sometimes do some pretty wonky stuff.

*Edit* I just realized the above strategy may work for the far background, but not the foreground trees as they would probably still show on the top layer. With that in mind, the following strategy may still work: Add a condition that is an invert check (exclamation point) to all of the stage backgrounds. In other words, setup a condition where Mesen is only allowed to show a stage background if a stage select screen tile is not present. Example below:

!SelectMenu01
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:46:13 pm by Aclectico »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2021, 09:17:24 pm »
I found a glitch (albeit a very cool one) where if you game over and select to return to the stage select, instead of the regular background, you get the highlighted robot master's stage background.

Also, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but none of the defeated robot masters have altered portraits, which can be a bit confusing when trying to figure out where to go next.

That's a glitch that might be worthy of being turned into a feature.

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2021, 03:06:47 am »
I noticed you used "tileAtPosition" checks for the stage select screen, and "memoryChecks" for the actual stage backgrounds. I wonder if simply placing the stage select details above the stage background details in the hires.txt file would solve the issue. That way, the information that pertains to the "Menu_Stage_Select_00.png" file is given priority. I've noticed that "memoryChecks" can sometimes do some pretty wonky stuff.

*Edit* I just realized the above strategy may work for the far background, but not the foreground trees as they would probably still show on the top layer. With that in mind, the following strategy may still work: Add a condition that is an invert check (exclamation point) to all of the stage backgrounds. In other words, setup a condition where Mesen is only allowed to show a stage background if a stage select screen tile is not present. Example below:

!SelectMenu01

Great minds think alike :laugh: That worked out it seems. Fixed it! ... and then added it back as an intentional customization option as Vanya mentioned hehe Also added Robot Master defeated portraits, also re-added the background to all mugshots. I think it looks a lot nicer and also further differentiates defeated from not defeated.

Updating the first post in just a few minutes with v2.1. Gotta wait on my pathetic upload speed.

ToHell

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2021, 07:14:46 am »
Very nice HD Pack, unfortunately I have a problem. I installed everything according to tutorial and have this:

https://ibb.co/jLk05c0

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2021, 01:56:02 pm »
Very nice HD Pack, unfortunately I have a problem. I installed everything according to tutorial and have this:

https://ibb.co/jLk05c0

Shoot, my bad, you can fix that by copying Menu_Stage_Select_Base.png from the Customization\Skin - Default folder to the main folder. (I put the new one in every customization folder just not the main  :P) I'm uploading a fixed version in a couple minutes too.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:06:21 pm by AxlRocks »

ToHell

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2021, 03:53:39 pm »
Big Thanks!!

Noside

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2021, 04:54:18 pm »
Omg, I downloaded the newest hd pack and there's a ton of stuff in it that I don't know what to do! :o

Leon40

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2021, 08:38:09 pm »
hello AxlRocks I congratulate you for the megaman HD pack, I report an error that I found in the game that occurs in the master robot selection screen when I choose Cutman or Bombman and defeat them and when returning to the robot selection screen the Portraits cutman or bombman continue to appear in color and not as defeated, the other master robots when defeated if they appear as defeated on the selection screen, check that error I await your response.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:05:12 pm by Leon40 »

Trimint123

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2021, 01:50:19 am »
Firstly, I wanna mention that you did a wonderful job with this project!
And secondly, I had a minor bug that I need to mentioned.

Also added Robot Master defeated portraits, also re-added the background to all mugshots. I think it looks a lot nicer and also further differentiates defeated from not defeated.
Due to inclusion of this feature, the "Robot Master Portraits - Blank" in the customization option lacks the custom "defeated" portrait and used the default available, which looks awkward of sudden portrait change. So I decide to make the fix myself.

And yes, I just make an account to this forum just to make this report. Lmao

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2021, 02:59:55 am »
Hey Leon40, I fixed that I think. Here's the link to download:

https://mega.nz/file/f7pmVRpI#hy3Zmq9rIxZFmlG3UHScj1vBRcFtNGEyzastREyCA64

Just place hires.txt from that zip file into the main folder for this pack, overwriting the old one. That should fix it  :)

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2021, 09:25:21 am »
I have a question about the poster in Wily's fortress.

Spoiler:
I see oil man and time man but who is the robot in the middle... I don't recognize him.

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2021, 12:53:45 pm »
Firstly, I wanna mention that you did a wonderful job with this project!
And secondly, I had a minor bug that I need to mentioned.
Due to inclusion of this feature, the "Robot Master Portraits - Blank" in the customization option lacks the custom "defeated" portrait and used the default available, which looks awkward of sudden portrait change. So I decide to make the fix myself.

And yes, I just make an account to this forum just to make this report. Lmao

Oh hey, welcome to ROMhacking! Enjoy your stay  :) I didn't see your post last night for some reason, but nice work! I didn't think of doing the sprite versions as well. I'll implement that and ones for each individual sprite this evening.

I have a question about the poster in Wily's fortress.

Spoiler:
I see oil man and time man but who is the robot in the middle... I don't recognize him.

He's a bit obscure, check here:  :)

EDIT: Added v 2.1.3, includes the defeated sprites for stage select and some further Megaman look around revamps
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:48:46 pm by AxlRocks »

Trimint123

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2021, 01:11:33 am »
Oh hey, welcome to ROMhacking! Enjoy your stay  :) I didn't see your post last night for some reason, but nice work! I didn't think of doing the sprite versions as well. I'll implement that and ones for each individual sprite this evening.

EDIT: Added v 2.1.3, includes the defeated sprites for stage select and some further Megaman look around revamps

Well, the post was during pending by the moderators before being seeable. Lol
Also cool! Keep up your good work. :thumbsup: