Dragon Quest I & II: Translation Revision\Relocalization

Started by Krisan Thyme, January 18, 2017, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppasmith

You know I took a look at the APK for the mobile version to see if maybe the script could be easily extracted but sadly that isn't the case. Man I'd love to be able to play the official translations on a proper console/emulator.

Lentfilms

The download link for the Alpha 3 patch seems to be broken. Is possible to post a new link or can anyone else upload their own copy of the patch?

RedScorpion

Quote from: Choppasmith on May 06, 2018, 12:53:49 PM
You know I took a look at the APK for the mobile version to see if maybe the script could be easily extracted but sadly that isn't the case. Man I'd love to be able to play the official translations on a proper console/emulator.

what is the problem to dump the script?!

Thanks

red

Choppasmith

Quote from: RedScorpion on September 24, 2018, 04:54:17 AM
what is the problem to dump the script?!

Thanks

red

Actually I just recently managed to do it for I-III mobile. It was compressed in a DAT file. I'm currently integrating the script for the NES games, but I'd love to do it for the remakes as well.

If Krisan Thyme is reading this, I'd love to work with you if possible otherwiseI'll have  a go at it myself.

AlternativeZeroSubs

Thanks so much for bug fixing the problems with DQ1+2 on the SNES, I wanted to play the first 3 on SNES as the Android version has awful touch screen controls and the 3DS ports are in Japanese unless someone can port the Android translation to them.

Just thought I should mention but the download link for the alpha 3 patch seems to be down.

GentlemanPotato

Thanks so much for taking on this project. My first Dragon Quest was 8 so playing the old games with different names felt wrong. Really love the charm of the modern DQs and that they used British English as it is supposed to be Medieval times.

Neon Streetlight

Sad to see this project has gone silent. I've been playing through the RPGONE translation and it just barely gets me through. Would love to see this translation come to light. Happy to test if it helps.

thanksgoogle

Quote from: Ishkabibble on August 01, 2017, 08:53:17 PMBeen trying this out due to the bugfixes, but unfortunately I have encountered a bug this patch introduces

As another stated, the faerie flute no longer works on the golem guarding Cantlin town in DQ1.  It makes the flute tune, but "nothing happens" no matter how many times I used it.  There are two workarounds.  One, cheating and defeating the golem through brute force, and two (the one I used) swap the save with the original RPGOne patched game.  The flute works like its suppose to when I did this switch.

Minor thing so far, but annoying.  Was tempted to cheat past it, but thankfully swapping with the earlier English patched version bypasses this.

August 04, 2017, 10:13:03 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Played through the Dragon's Quest II portion an noticed two bugs.  One minor and one major.

Minor one is that "leather" equipment tend to have the "L" cut off on certain menus.

Major one regards the Chain Sickle.  On the equipment menu, the weapon name turns into garbled gibberish when equipped.  That's a minor part, but a major is that when an enemy drops this item in a rare treasure drop, it soft locks the game when the text is attempting to show the name of this item.  I believe the rare drops from the enemy "Sekerleton" (formerly Demighost) caused it but was unable to duplicate the event to make sure.

Chain sickle displays properly in every other situation, including when it is found in a red treasure chest in the Lighthouse.

I played through both 1 and 2 with this patch and these were the only issues with it, other than that it seemed perfect. Sad that this probably won't be updated again since the OP seems to have left the Internet.

Also, I still have the patched game on my computer, but I'm not sure if it's Alpha 3 or not. I'll reupload it somewhere if it is.

Edit 2023.01.29: I still can't tell if this is the latest version, but I downloaded the patch in 2018, and the latest version is from 2017 so it must be. Here's the link. It's an IPS patch for the original unheadered SNES Dragon Quest I+II Japanese ROM.