Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Poll

Do you want a Xenogears remake?

Yes
11 (42.3%)
No
15 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Poll: Do you want a Xenogears remake?  (Read 8823 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Do you want a Xenogears remake?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 08:59:52 pm »
JRPG fans, do you want a Xenogears remake? If so, how do you want it to be remade? I often see Xenogears fans commenting on Youtube channels that they want an official remake of their favorite game, and that it "deserves more attention than Final Fantasy VII". Also, next year, Xenogears will be 20 years old. It's a shame Square Enix will miss the opportunity of releasing a remake of it in its 20th anniversary. Call me a fanboy if you like, but I think it's a masterpiece despite all its flaws.
I agree with the sentiment that Xeongears was a masterpiece. IMHO, it was better than FF7 in many ways. I have no opinion about how it is remade so long as it remains faithful to the original and enough time is spent refining and perfecting it BEFORE release.
Voice acting: SE of America must hire professional voice actors. The voice acting in games like Metal Gear Solid and the God of War trilogy was just phenomenal. I think Xenogears deserves the same treatment.
This, yes! Good grief yes!
Translation/Localization: A professionally-redone translation/localization would be nice. No lazy copy/paste translation like they did with Secret of Mana's remake.
Not sure what you mean there. I have the remake on Android and enjoyed it. Maybe I need to play through it again and pay attention to the script.. But IIRC it was good. And I agree that it needs to be well done.
What do you think of my opinions? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Discuss.
There you go.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »
Actually, Xenosaga was meant to be a prequel and parts 1, 2, and 3 of a 6-part series that Xenogears was meant to be I believe the 5th game of. I think they abandoned that plan after the 2nd installment flopped, but it was originally meant to be pretty strongly connected.
Actually, Xenosaga was meant to be a 6-part game, but after the disaster of Part 2's reception, parts 3, 4, 5, and 6's storylines were condensed into one game and released as part 3 (at least they didn't just drop the project, like what happened to Shenmue). Xenogears was never meant to be part 5 or anything like that.

It was only really a prequel in that it happened thousands of years before Xenogears in the same universe, not really a direct prequel.

Although it is kinda ironic how the condensing of those parts into part 3 mirrors the budget problems that caused the middle third of Xenogears to basically become a visual novel.

For what I'd actually want to see in a remake? Easy, I'd want that middle third of the game taken out of VN territory, and properly expanded to RPG standards, so it matches the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:03:31 pm by edale »

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 11:45:46 pm »
A remake following the exact same story with the same director and team, absolutely! But I would want it to be a continuation also so that second disc is actually playable content. Sadly there would have to be some serious talks with that team and Square Enix

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 11:32:40 am »
 I dont think a remake would be a good idea. It is great the way it is. though i do disagree with "it is better then ff7". Xenogears to me was different in good ways. Plus i dislike remakes they always seem to botch them. In my opinion.
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 01:08:23 pm »
I dunno man, the developer of Xenogears has said in the past that they just ran out of time and money so they had to rush the second disc which was originally meant to be playable content and that it would be difficult now as Xenogears is Square Enix owned and all. I'd still welcome it though just so we get the rest of the game originally meant for us.

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 01:20:16 pm »
I dunno man, the developer of Xenogears has said in the past that they just ran out of time and money so they had to rush the second disc which was originally meant to be playable content and that it would be difficult now as Xenogears is Square Enix owned and all. I'd still welcome it though just so we get the rest of the game originally meant for us.
  true enough
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."