News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sour Music Kart + Demo  (Read 10534 times)

gridatttack

• View Profile
Re: Sour Music Kart + Demo
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:30 am »
Alright, so update time. The hack is finished. You can go download it at the webpage of the hack.

I should be doing a release trailer the following weeks and then post it here with more details.
Also a quick bugfix will be done, since in one track, the cpu fail to make the jump and can get stuck on 50 and 100cc

Congrats on your hack, gridatttack. It's been a while, has it not?
Hey there Stifu! Nice to see you here.

And thanks, though technically it isn't my hack though.
As for my proper hack... I dunno when it will see the light of the day, but at least this one is finished,

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 05:01:01 am »
Congrats on your hack, gridatttack. It's been a while, has it not?

About this old post:I take it that's because that hack has been made with MAKE. I didn't bother making Epic Edit compatible with MAKE-modified ROMs, because it looked like more trouble than it's worth (.smkc file compatibility was good enough to me). For the record, tracks in the original SMK are compressed, and MAKE changes that to make all tracks uncompressed, altering the way SMK loads tracks. EE, on other hand, just follows the logic of the original game. So EE fails to open MAKE-modified ROMS because it tries to decompress tracks that are not compressed. If you'd like, I could still extract the tracks from any SMK hacks by tweaking EE locally (or you can do it too if you know a bit of C#).

Sorry I did not get back to you on this its been so long ago. I sadly had not been active for a while but I got back into it. If you could extract the maps I would be extremely pleased but that is up to you. As for Make I have tried to use it and it seems similar to epic edit except it has so many hot keys rather then a honest menu and I can not seem to pull up existing tracks. So if you ever get this message I would love to send you many make creations that I would love to fix that are so very broken. my E-mail is overgrouth@hotmail.com

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 04:47:33 pm »
this is so cool. beautiful job!!
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »
Agreed This is a greak hack. I like that it is a full conversion. I have a hack of my own for this game and I sadly did not have the skill needed to do a full conversion. I am learning some new things and making a new one with new maps and koopalings but as for music changes I would desperatly need help if I want to take it that far. As for a title menu I can do the graphics however I have no idea how to add those graphics I only know how to change the go karts. If I got the much needed help to take it as far as this hack I would be greatly pleased.

There are a few out now that all full conversion though and are realitivly good.
This one for one we also got dirtbags baldy kart we have spung bob kart and hyper street kart oh and something called nico nico which has a hand full of good maps but many are down right rediculess. Look awsome on the mini map yet basically unpalatable.