News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch

Started by Chronosplit, November 22, 2017, 10:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronosplit

Got it!

Okay, for sure the next patch will be next week.  Just had to get my testing kit back up and running is all.

Chronosplit

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good: hey, did you know this hack got mentioned on SNESDrunk?  I'm a big fan of his content, so color me surprised that this ended up on a video about improvement patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7zVr2TzyY

And now... the bad.  If you've noticed by the post right above mine, I'm way overdue.  This is because I've recently gotten into a new job, and I am finding it absolutely impossible to devote the time to making a new patch in any form.  I am calling this done as I cannot contribute any more time to this.  If one wants to make an addendum or some other update to fix the things mentioned in the older posts, feel free to do so.  I don't think I'll be flip-flopping back in either, I apologize to anyone who was anticipating an update.

lexluthermiester

This is unfortunate.  :( Still congrats on the new job! Good luck!

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: Chronosplit on March 01, 2022, 05:42:21 PM
I have some good news and some bad news.

The good: hey, did you know this hack got mentioned on SNESDrunk?  I'm a big fan of his content, so color me surprised that this ended up on a video about improvement patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7zVr2TzyY

And now... the bad.  If you've noticed by the post right above mine, I'm way overdue.  This is because I've recently gotten into a new job, and I am finding it absolutely impossible to devote the time to making a new patch in any form.  I am calling this done as I cannot contribute any more time to this.  If one wants to make an addendum or some other update to fix the things mentioned in the older posts, feel free to do so.  I don't think I'll be flip-flopping back in either, I apologize to anyone who was anticipating an update.

Congrats on the new job. It may be unfortunate that you won't be able to iron out any of the other issues though.

Cthulhu88

Since he said it's unlikely for him to get back to working on this hack, I would like to add this advice here.
The included MSU-1 patch is version 1.1.2, but the latest version is 1.1.4.

To update, do these:

• Patch the original ROM with Bugfix and Uncensoring
  • Apply the included anti-msu patch to get rid of version 1.1.2
  • Download the latest MSU-1 patch here: https://mega.nz/folder/wIE1gQ5S#rbpeeX5pcNFAXfV9XVt2bA
  • Drag and drop the ROM (MSU-1 cleaned Bugfix and Uncensoring) into "make - ExHiROM.bat"

The new patched ROM with version 1.1.4 should be called "chrono_msu1.sfc".

MD_Prometh

Hopefully there will be an addendum to fix those mentions of Magus by NPCs when Fiendlord is suppose to be used, though this hack does seem to be one of the better CT hacks out there.

hidralisco

Quote from: MD_Prometh on April 23, 2022, 05:49:25 PM
Hopefully there will be an addendum to fix those mentions of Magus by NPCs when Fiendlord is suppose to be used, though this hack does seem to be one of the better CT hacks out there.

It's pretty easy to make an addendum using the TimeFlux tool to fix the incorrect lines and I've been thinking of doing it myself. The issue, however, is the canoe folder patches  which might require some special form of editing to make the game runnable on a real SNES. If anyone has any insight on how to do this I'd love to hear.

FantasticDan

@Cthulhu88

Sorry for posting here but I didn't see any contact info on the enemy drops overhaul page or readme. I have some questions about including the Bugfix mod. The Enemy Drops Overhaul mod page states:

Open make.bat with a text editor and set DEFINE. EX for Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch or any other compatible ExHiROM hack and CATFOOD for the extra feature described below.

In make.bat I see:

rem set DEFINE=EX,CATFOOD

Is this what you're referencing? Do we simply uncomment this? If not, what should the syntax literally read as in the make.bat file? Also, there are several bps files in the Bugfix zip file. Is this compatible with all of them, or does it only work with "Bugfix Alone.bps" ? Do you have an example make.bat file that includes this bps file, for example? Other than flips.exe, bass.exe, and "Bugfix Alone.bps", are there any other files required?

One of my biggest complaints about the game is that Ayla is basically mandatory and I always wanted to play through the game with different members. Thanks everyone for your efforts on this game!

Cthulhu88

Quote from: FantasticDan on August 17, 2022, 10:36:21 AM@Cthulhu88

Sorry for posting here but I didn't see any contact info on the enemy drops overhaul page or readme. I have some questions about including the Bugfix mod. The Enemy Drops Overhaul mod page states:

Open make.bat with a text editor and set DEFINE. EX for Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch or any other compatible ExHiROM hack and CATFOOD for the extra feature described below.

In make.bat I see:

rem set DEFINE=EX,CATFOOD

Is this what you're referencing? Do we simply uncomment this? If not, what should the syntax literally read as in the make.bat file? Also, there are several bps files in the Bugfix zip file. Is this compatible with all of them, or does it only work with "Bugfix Alone.bps" ? Do you have an example make.bat file that includes this bps file, for example? Other than flips.exe, bass.exe, and "Bugfix Alone.bps", are there any other files required?

One of my biggest complaints about the game is that Ayla is basically mandatory and I always wanted to play through the game with different members. Thanks everyone for your efforts on this game!

Yes, just uncomment that line by removing the rem keyword. As mentioned, CATFOOD is optional and can be removed from that line if you don't want it.

It works for all the included versions of Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch (only tested on Bugfix+SkyDark and Name Liberties+Aerdan Item Names.bps myself). You must first patch your ROM with it and then give the path/name of your patched ROM (not the bps) to the make script.

The only hard requirement is bass.exe, checksum.exe and flips.exe are optional.
flips.exe is only necessary if you want to automatically create a bps of your ROM for sharing.

Brutapode89

Quote from: Cthulhu88 on March 07, 2022, 09:19:52 AMSince he said it's unlikely for him to get back to working on this hack, I would like to add this advice here.
The included MSU-1 patch is version 1.1.2, but the latest version is 1.1.4.

To update, do these:
  • Patch the original ROM with Bugfix and Uncensoring
  • Apply the included anti-msu patch to get rid of version 1.1.2
  • Download the latest MSU-1 patch here: https://mega.nz/folder/wIE1gQ5S#rbpeeX5pcNFAXfV9XVt2bA
  • Drag and drop the ROM (MSU-1 cleaned Bugfix and Uncensoring) into "make - ExHiROM.bat"

The new patched ROM with version 1.1.4 should be called "chrono_msu1.sfc".

Hi Cthulhu. Please, forgive me to have forgotten to thank you for the french version of Chrono Trigger into MSU-1 even without FMV :'( And more, I didn't understand there wasn't all compatibles FMV with the US version but only the prologue. Can you accept to forgive me and thank you for the french version?
Thanks.