News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch  (Read 143426 times)

luchario

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch
« Reply #420 on: August 25, 2020, 11:21:49 pm »
Excited to try this patch! Just found it for the first time, looking into using the canoe patch.

Curious, how many changes are missing from the Canoe patch vs the most updated version now? How would someone go about trying to implement all those new changes into a new Canoe patch?

Thank you for all your work! It's very much appreciated and quite inspiring.

Sdub

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2020, 12:10:13 am »
I've never really thought of that, but I don't really think I'd want to do it.  In Antiquity, at least the enlightened ones do well enough to separate themselves from other eras when it comes to lines.

I'm really sorry I meant to say the Dark Ages? The era Frog comes from.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2020, 03:21:17 pm »
Frog comes from the Middle Ages
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Sdub

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2020, 04:48:36 pm »
Frog comes from the Middle Ages

Thank you for the correction

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2020, 07:36:09 pm »
Excited to try this patch! Just found it for the first time, looking into using the canoe patch.

Curious, how many changes are missing from the Canoe patch vs the most updated version now? How would someone go about trying to implement all those new changes into a new Canoe patch?

Thank you for all your work! It's very much appreciated and quite inspiring.
By now, I can safely say "a lot" and just leave it at that.  You can probably go back to the last time that version was updated, and then after that everything was either not done or needs looked at.  Canoe was behind on updates before the Fiend/Fiendlord change, not to mention stuff like missing the whole item description shakeup and a bunch of smaller changes.

Temporal Flux doesn't work with Canoe since the patch basically converts it into a whole other ROM.   Way back when Primpinelephant was doing canoe updates, it was  basically examining the code via hex and making the changes that way.  But now that there's a new graphics hack in the mix and no one left any clue as to how sluffy did this, it's kinda anyone's guess how to handle that.  Last graphics issue had to do with banks, but I sure couldn't tell you the location.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:44:45 pm by Chronosplit »