News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch  (Read 91528 times)

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2019, 04:16:33 pm »
Updated the MSU-1 patch with a sanity check for when MSU-1 volume is 0, but memory volume is not.

I've already said it before, but I do hope this is the last of it.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2019, 06:32:18 pm »
Updated the MSU-1 patch with a sanity check for when MSU-1 volume is 0, but memory volume is not.

I've already said it before, but I do hope this is the last of it.
And once again, thanks a ton for your work! :beer:

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to trying this hack as soon as you get your update out that you mentioned. It looks great! I recently played through the DS version.
Thanks!

Current status: I'm hoping to get the rest finished by sometime day after tomorrow.  Do not quote me on this, but that is the plan.

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 01, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »
I've just figured out why I can't access mega.nz. The corrupt and incompetent judicial system of my country just banned mega.nz. The lawsuit that led to this isn't even public (how transparent), but apparently involves copyright bullshit.
Until this gets overruled, I'll have to use a VPN to access mega.nz.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2019, 06:59:09 pm »
I've just figured out why I can't access mega.nz. The corrupt and incompetent judicial system of my country just banned mega.nz. The lawsuit that led to this isn't even public (how transparent), but apparently involves copyright bullshit.
Until this gets overruled, I'll have to use a VPN to access mega.nz.
Oh dear.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking at the alternatives for those who can't use Mega then.  I think a few browsers still have issues anyway.  At least there's still RHDN itself!

Also good news everyone, finally got the tile assembly corrected.  You'll definitely be seeing an update sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: One last thing, differing from the tutorial I learned two more things:

1. 00 for some reason would not bring up a blank, but FF did.  Also, a new tile should be put in the tile before the numbers.  I used a blank under the chronometer images and it didn't work too well.
2. The tiles for "Ages" in Dark Ages are the last two in the assembly.  In fact, the es tile is the very last byte.  Look for the 5C behind that and you're done.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:23:02 pm by Chronosplit »

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2019, 09:00:34 pm »
Hopefully the MSU-1 code works without any further updates. Just make sure you never use these spaces: $CD5D05 up to $CD5DA0 (this gives me 128 bytes, in case I need to increase the tracklist), $CDF9B9 up to $CDFFFF (all of it, for further code expansion, if necessary).
These spaces have all their bytes initialized to $FF in vanilla, so it's easy to check if TF moved stuff in there.

Once I am confident MSU-1 works without any further issue, I might started a new project, Deus Chrono: Trigger Ex, Chrono Trigger MSU-1 Music with the Deus Ex soundtrack.
Just imagine: UNATCO Theme playing at Guardia Castle, Paris Cathedral as the Cathedral Theme, Ocean Lab Theme at the Ocean Palace, etc.  ;D

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2019, 10:59:05 pm »
Hopefully the MSU-1 code works without any further updates. Just make sure you never use these spaces: $CD5D05 up to $CD5DA0 (this gives me 128 bytes, in case I need to increase the tracklist), $CDF9B9 up to $CDFFFF (all of it, for further code expansion, if necessary).
These spaces have all their bytes initialized to $FF in vanilla, so it's easy to check if TF moved stuff in there.
I'll note that in the readme along with the graphics area.  I'm pretty sure those are the only areas I need to bring up.

Once I am confident MSU-1 works without any further issue, I might started a new project, Deus Chrono: Trigger Ex, Chrono Trigger MSU-1 Music with the Deus Ex soundtrack.
Just imagine: UNATCO Theme playing at Guardia Castle, Paris Cathedral as the Cathedral Theme, Ocean Lab Theme at the Ocean Palace, etc.  ;D
Sounds like fun!

October 01, 2019, 11:43:19 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Welp, here we are.  I lied.  New version's in the Mega, and will be uploaded soon to RHDN.  Boy, does it feel good to finally get this out the door.

Code: [Select]
-Added MSU-1
-Epoch’s time select now contains Prehistory and Antiquity.
-Updated the End of Time line that talks about Prehistoric minerals (the only time the era is actually referenced).
-Fixed the main ending still having a Magus’s Army reference.

And a few words about what's next:
-I guess I have some Medieval speech to tend to.  But after a break, and I’ll probably make a new thread for it where everyone can yell at me about it.  I may even tackle another game first though, I've been eyeing Pokemon Crystal for a while.

-You’ll notice that on RHDN, the version number is now Rebuilt F.  F stands for final in that when talking about text, I truly do not think there’s anything left to do.  I'll still be around to tackle bugfixes and the like (make sure to keep me updated if you find anything), but I think we have reached the end of what I feel Bugfix and Uncensoring can and should achieve in the script area.  Even if something happened like Tomato came out with a new comparison, I would probably only do a couple of edits.  Outside of typos from me or adding gameplay fixes, here’s the end of the line.
 -All that said, if you'd rather things be more like the DS version or whathaveyou... my stuff is here to use, you're free to edit.  If you need anything just ask.

-I’ve marked the Canoe folder with (OLD) because I’m not particularly sure about the fate of it at this point.  Sorry to everyone who uses it.  The age name changes throw a whole other monkey wrench in, because I already know that graphic alterations don’t play well with it (which makes sense, the patch basically coverts CT to sdd1 so fixing Sky/Dark graphics alone required 1a).  With sluffy unfortunately not around, I fear that I won’t be able to do a complete update to it.  On the bright side, the other patches should work just fine in every snes9x core (yes that’s right, emus that can’t use it should just pass over MSU-1).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 12:09:05 am by Chronosplit »

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2019, 04:24:25 pm »
Just two things to point out:
  • In the MSU-1 Readme you mention to rename the ROM to chrono_msu when it should be chrono_msu1.
  • This is just formalities, but could you please include the license for the MSU-1 code or the code itself (which has the license)? The license credits everyone who worked on implementing MSU-1 into Chrono Trigger aswell as add a disclaimer that none of them are responsible for any damages that it could cause (very unlikely to happen).

Also, my romhack has some specific macros for compatibility with yours. Did the offsets for Charm, Twin Charm and Charm Top descriptions and cat food reward amounts change?

Descriptions:
  • $F68417
  • $F686ED
  • $F6F5B4
Cat food:
  • $DBDB63
  • $DBDBC7
  • $DBD8FC

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2019, 04:41:51 pm »
Just two things to point out:
  • In the MSU-1 Readme you mention to rename the ROM to chrono_msu when it should be chrono_msu1.
  • This is just formalities, but could you please include the license for the MSU-1 code or the code itself (which has the license)? The license credits everyone who worked on implementing MSU-1 into Chrono Trigger aswell as add a disclaimer that none of them are responsible for any damages that it could cause (very unlikely to happen).
Oh shoot, yeah I'll get onto that ASAP.  Probably just the license though.
EDIT: Done!

Also, my romhack has some specific macros for compatibility with yours. Did the offsets for Charm, Twin Charm and Charm Top descriptions and cat food reward amounts change?

Descriptions:
  • $F68417
  • $F686ED
  • $F6F5B4
Cat food:
  • $DBDB63
  • $DBDBC7
  • $DBD8FC
They shouldn't have changed in this update, I haven't really done much with item descriptions in general since the equipment description overhaul with elements etc. a good while back.  The only minor strings that saw any change between the last update and this are the time period names that appear in the game save menu.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:59:58 pm by Chronosplit »

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2019, 05:58:39 pm »
I forgot to mention it might be wise to add the Lavos' Theme info into the readme. Apologizes.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2019, 09:52:10 pm »
I forgot to mention it might be wise to add the Lavos' Theme info into the readme. Apologizes.
Thanks for reminding me about that because I did completely forget.  I'll file that into the readme for a later update and put it in the Mega, but I won't put it on RHDN right away so as not to completely clog the queue with my updates. There's still the possibility that I may need to fix something, after all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:54:23 pm by Chronosplit »