Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Poll

Which font should I use?

The FFIIUS - styled VWF (current)
32 (46.4%)
The FF4/5/6 Advance font
37 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.16) Project Thread  (Read 67048 times)

mgridgaway

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.15) Project Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:12 pm »
Hey there!

Just finished up this hack and it was a great. No issues to speak of except at the very end. Using my Super NT with a Super Everdrive, I noticed that during the text crawl right after beating Neo ExDeath, the text started wrapping oddly and disappearing. It started maybe 50% of the way through.

Neon Streetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2020, 02:45:13 pm »
Hey there!

Just finished up this hack and it was a great. No issues to speak of except at the very end. Using my Super NT with a Super Everdrive, I noticed that during the text crawl right after beating Neo ExDeath, the text started wrapping oddly and disappearing. It started maybe 50% of the way through.

Hey, I’m pretty sure this is a known issue. Happened to me a while ago and I remember reading about it somewhere. Such a great romhack.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2020, 10:47:56 pm »
Look at what I just did, it works very well in this hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7VsQJ8VC0
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

jmoral14

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2020, 08:30:34 am »
Found an instance where Bartz's name displays as the default even though I changed his name right before you fight Magissa and he says "Wait...you'd hunt a wind drake!?"

kouga47

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2021, 03:17:05 am »
Found an instance where Bartz's name displays as the default even though I changed his name right before you fight Magissa and he says "Wait...you'd hunt a wind drake!?"

First off, thanks to the OP for this awesome project, can help me make a definitive FFV quite easily!

For this problem, since it seems like this topic is inactive, I went through and hex-searched the dialog and found 3 instances where Bartz is still hardcoded into the dialogue: 1 is right here, 2 are the conversation slightly before this when Galuf tells Bartz they should go through the air by drake. I used the hex editor to change them to the name the player has given to Bartz, but the problem is I'm not sure how to post it haha. Not sure how to post my tiny .ips file here, so here's a screenshot, change from the left to the right using any hex-editor.

https://imgur.com/DVb8Bcq

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2021, 07:54:11 am »
First off, thanks to the OP for this awesome project, can help me make a definitive FFV quite easily!

For this problem, since it seems like this topic is inactive, I went through and hex-searched the dialog and found 3 instances where Bartz is still hardcoded into the dialogue: 1 is right here, 2 are the conversation slightly before this when Galuf tells Bartz they should go through the air by drake. I used the hex editor to change them to the name the player has given to Bartz, but the problem is I'm not sure how to post it haha. Not sure how to post my tiny .ips file here, so here's a screenshot, change from the left to the right using any hex-editor.

https://imgur.com/DVb8Bcq

Thanks for doing this!. If you wanted to submit, click submissions at the top, submit files, submit hacks, choose addendum for category. In another window, open rhdn, go to submissions, the scratchpad, use the scratchpad to upload the ips in zipped format, copy the link when submitted, paste that link in the original link under filename.

The rest of the fields there should be self explanatory. Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2021, 05:06:55 pm »
Hmm silly question probably but why isn't kouga47's fix included in this patch?

121J

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.16) Project Thread
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2021, 11:33:16 am »
just submitted it. should work unless i've accidentally messed anything up

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2021, 05:35:47 pm »
Awesome, thank you.

HARVEST

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2021, 11:28:14 pm »
Can B button dash be added just like in Rodimus Primal's Namingway Edition and TWUE?

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2021, 12:10:15 am »
Can B button dash be added just like in Rodimus Primal's Namingway Edition and TWUE?

This hack might help. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3746/