this is a GREAT idea, only the .bps is being a pain in the butt
i just CANT get it to patch (will there be an .ips patch?)
also, here is a few things i was wondering
1. can you re-enter world castles after mario knocks them down (i believe you couldn't in SMA2)
2. it would be AWESOME if you could make the dragon coins show up as shadow coins if they have been previously gotten (a la the "New" series).
3. i always thought the "all 96 exits" reward was hideous (like all of the baddies that change look worse to me) i would focus on making the base game deluxe and not trying to accommodate the "post all 96 exits" graphics
4. the Advance version added Dragon Coins to levels that previously didnt have them, did you add those too?
maybe the bonus area (after center star in star road) could have extra paths that have roadblocks that are unlockable after getting a certain amount of dragon coins.
e-reader levels would be ok with me, but tbh, just a "enemy gallery" type thing would be cool enough. like a Zoo type thing for Mario to visit after collecting all the coins.
what do you guys use to patch .bps files, they are just NOT co-operating
ok so i need to add a header (re-reading is fun!) now i just have to figure out how the F to do that!!!
ok, so i found a header adder/remover utility thing that says i'm good to go.
still says "this patch is not intended for this rom"
dont know what i'm doing wrong, but i would LOVE to be playing this RN
October 18, 2017, 10:16:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
ok, just saw ccunning1's post and i got the original patch running fine (so not an issue on my end) just like his (or hers)
also, castles ARE re-enterable you have to hold down the L and R buttons at the same time
maybe you could make it where you can just enter them like normal levels
Here's the updated xdelta versionhttps://mega.nz/#!FmICjDAY!DxKe70VFtTyMfChfXjmcoLjgdtXKOVfxHLsarzS93Pk
1. Castles don't crumble, which while essentially a downgrade is a good placeholder until I find a way to let you re enter crumbled castles.
2. I've been thinking about placing a regular coin made to look like a "shadowed" dragon coin in the same spot, so when they disappear after you collect them you can see the fake coins. I'm not promising anything however, and won't be able to even try this for a while (computer issues).
3. Funny you should bring that up, when I created the patch I forgot to re enable the fall effect. So beating the last special world level does nothing.
4. Yes, all of them are there. Although some are slightly modified because they interfered with other objects (namely the fence that appears in castles).
I was thinking of just locking the entrance to special world until you get every coin (not including the ones in special world, of course)
That's actually a really neat idea. I'll see what I can do.