News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Monaco GP Brunette Edition - WIP - IPS Patch - Game colors updated  (Read 7566 times)

peixemacaco

• 70 65 69 78 65 6d 61 63 61 63 6f
    • View Profile
    • Old peixemacaco site found
Re: Super Monaco GP Brunette Edition - WIP - IPS Patch - Game colors updated
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 09:32:23 pm »
OMG! Thank you very much Tony! We'll keep contact. In a month or less we will finish Fifa 20.

For now, please try this:

- Open HxD(or your hexadecimal editor) full screen
- Open Road Rash , the 1st (not 2nd or 3rd)
- On HxD View tab - Bytes per row = 64
- Visible columns = Text (only)
- On Search tab/Goto = 6E780

Surprise , surprise!!!

Nelson
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

Tony H

• View Profile
    • The Code Hut
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 10:31:02 pm »
Is that a face?  Hard for me to tell.
The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Game Genie codes and ROM hacking guides

peixemacaco

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 02:20:51 am »
Ohh, I think you didn't roll from that point down... sorry

https://i.imgur.com/rFrdTMF.png
Cars in Ascii! And if you press page up(or page down) you'll see more cars and .... bikes.

Hard to believe they made this way...huh?

Lol

Nelson
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

Tony H

• View Profile
    • The Code Hut
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 07:00:07 am »
Wow, that is pretty cool!
The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Game Genie codes and ROM hacking guides

4lorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 07:17:50 pm »
Ohh, I think you didn't roll from that point down... sorry

https://i.imgur.com/rFrdTMF.png
Cars in Ascii! And if you press page up(or page down) you'll see more cars and .... bikes.

Hard to believe they made this way...huh?

Lol

Nelson

That's actually understandable in some cases, mostly when graphical rendering involved real or faux 3D. Some Sega PC games also work that way (you can check a series of posts I made about that here).

IIRC, Goof Troop's levels can also be found as ASCII in the ROM, too.

peixemacaco

• View Profile
Thank you, 4lorn!!!

Some questions...

Do you think this Ascii may be editable?
There is some viewer/editor that can handle better this roms with Ascii images?

In Fifa 95, I think have found those dot animations when do a goal (appear on a TV in the game), but I can't arrange to see clearly on Hex Editor.

Thanks,
Nelson

4lorn

• View Profile
Well in some cases, a ROM editor might be a a better or easier solution but if there isn't one, editing the ASCII by hand might be better - and shouldn't really cause any problems. Usually it's a matter of figuring out the total length of the ASCII field and how it "translates" into graphics, then editing it.

But true, it can be difficult because they'll only become clearer if you test it out with different bytes per row. This also means that some won't be immediately noticeable because the width also affects the height.

What graphical programs have you used so far?

peixemacaco

• View Profile
Yeah! You're right, On HxD is difficult to arrange the Ascii to see in right order.  This example of Road Rash, above the cars (aligned), there are the bikes (not aligned) and I think have seen track turns and objects  :o

Graphic editors, I´d tried a lot of them, including YY-Chr , but the one that I have "more knowledge" is Sonic Molester(a version of Tile Molester already configured to open Mega Drive games) , but at times messing with Columns/Rows to see the image as it was in the game is painful ...lol  But when you figure out after trying 1000 combinations it turns easy.

Super Monaco GP compressed images I´d successfully found and decompressed with tools, but EA's games I think that we don't have such a tool to do this.

Nelson

4lorn

• View Profile
Yes. I think it's safe to say compression is probably the main reason that drives people away from romhacking. Unless they figure out compressions algorithms and/or create tools to handle them, it's tricky. And EA did compress a lot, though if I remember correctly, FIFA was merely published by them and developed by someone else so I'm not sure who did the compression.

YY-Chr and Sonic Molester are good choices for most stuff, though.