News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: "Fixes" to info on NES Translations in the Fully Playabe state  (Read 7987 times)

firedropdl

• View Profile
Re: "Fixes" to info on NES Translations in the Fully Playabe state
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 06:00:38 pm »
Hey man.  Thanks. :)

I might eventually try to manually edit pages here with the updated information.  I didn't realize that this was even an option until last night.  I've done so for 3 NES hacks that I noticed problems with and they're in the queue right now.  Depending on how that goes I might take the time to actually try to edit all of the fixes in this thread into the actual patch pages.

The Wagyan Land issue isn't really all that big a deal since the "fix" is right there on the patch page.  I just didn't notice that suggestion before testing and now it works on all 5 of the emulators I've tried.  Unfortunately, if I release a datfile of all of the translations that I've tested here for NES/FDS you wouldn't be able to find that game in GoodNES 3.23b because they used the rom without the byte 6 fix.  Again, not a huge deal because there are actually a whole ton of other games that you'd have to patch on your own or find elsewhere to get a full set since many of them were not in GoodNES either because they were too new, they were updated or the GoodNES guys used the wrong roms to patch. 

The Lagrange Point thing kind of sucks, but I'm fairly confident that it should be good.  Psyklax has kind of put my mind at ease about the nature of patches and hacks and if a rom looks like it is working and doesn't have any game breaking bugs right away it should be fine.  As you can tell though, I'm really anal about these things, and I did my best to make sure that everything was exactly as the authors intended it to be.  I'll probably end up playing Lagrange Point through myself and updating the result here at someday.  It looks REALLY good for an NES RPG.  I can't believe it was never released in English officially.

I never did get a reply from pacnsacdave about this, but his things were easy enough to figure out once I sat down and did it.  He releases the patched roms elsewhere, so all I had to do was patch a few different roms for each game to get a match and then I posted here which one gave the correct patched CRC.

I do intend to do some other systems at some point, but I think it's time for me to take a break from this for a while.  I don't know if I'll hit all the systems, but I would like to do SNES and Genesis at some point.  We'll see how it goes.  :)