News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dracula II FDS translation question  (Read 1362 times)

xttx

• View Profile
Dracula II FDS translation question
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:19:38 pm »
Does anyone know if Dracula II for FDS was ever translated? I think a long time ago there was a site (back in 2010) but has been quiet since.

If anyone knows where to find this translation or any info on any other attempts to do so i would appreciate it.

Dracula II noroi no Fuuin has different music and other things that separates itself from the US castlevania II NES counterpart. And before anyone asks, yes, i know about Bisqwits re-translation of the castlevania II game.

This is NOT a request for someone to do it to be clear.

columbo

• View Profile
Re: Dracula II FDS translation question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:07:05 pm »
I was wondering the same thing actually.  I was planning on seeing what I could do with that after I finish up my Link no Bouken project.

It's funny though, I think I much prefer the music from the NES cart.  Probably just because it's one of the games I had as a kid.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 07:41:43 pm »
That project disappeared years ago when the hacker disappeared. It was all translated and the translator is still around, so there is a translated script. The issue however is that space on FDS games is very limited due to how the FDS is set up and hacking in the full script is a challenge.

xttx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »
Thanks so much for the response guys! Its a shame it never saw the light of day. And Columbo, your work is totally top notch so if you go for it that would rock.  :thumbsup:

Im really enjoying your zelda II translation and thank you for all your time and patience and answering me. Please keep us updated.