News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New to translating roms - using FF3usME - major issue  (Read 857 times)

WittyWitmyer

• View Profile
New to translating roms - using FF3usME - major issue
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »
So, I'm about a quarter of the way of my pet project of re-translating FF3 (US) using FF3usME. And up until today, the process has been great. The work I've done so far has been well above my own expectations. I've been working for over a month just trying to perfect the immersiveness of the dialogue between characters just through the three early branching scenarios, and that slow but steady effort is definitely paying off.

HOWEVER...

While working on the scene where Doma is poisoned by Kefka, I saved my work and then reloaded the Dialogue Editor again (as usual). This time, a really weird message popped up:

"Dialog routine pointers were hand hex. edited. FF3meUS cannot work with the reformatted data"

I have no idea what this means or how to fix this issue. I'm hoping there's a way that I can, because I've put a great deal of work into this and I'd be crushed if I'd have to start again from scratch.

Why did this even happen? I did nothing differently than I've been doing for weeks. I'm just really bummed right now and borderline freaking out.

Any answers or suggestions would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.