News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Problems With SearchR  (Read 1491 times)

Bob789

• View Profile
Problems With SearchR
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:10:45 pm »

I am trying to use SearchR to search a ROM and when I run it in a DOS emulator(I've tried two) it gives me the error " Load Error: no DPMI - Get csdpmi*b.zip"
I have no idea what this means or how to fix it and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob789

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems With SearchR
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 01:09:22 am »
It's a program file, you need to Google it, download, extract and place in the same folder as the program you want to use (SearchR) and it should run.

At least that is how I recall it working, it's probably been like 15 years since I last ran any "DOS Extenders", as they're called.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:20:22 am »
Yup.  I thought DOSBox had support for that kind of thing, but I guess not.

You need to download http://sandmann.dotster.com/cwsdpmi/csdpmi7b.zip and extract cwsdpmi.exe (that's all you need) to the same folder as searchr.exe.  I checked just now and it worked fine.

If you have a bunch of DOS games already installed somewhere on your PC, you might already have a suitable version of cwsdpmi.exe that you can use instead.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it
Did it really not occur to you to do a Google search for "Load Error: no DPMI - Get csdpmi*b.zip" (with quotes) ?  That would have definitely given you some idea as to what that means and how to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:13:23 pm by Jorpho »
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Bob789

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 12:42:39 pm »
Thanks both of you for your answers, I finally got it to work!

Did it really not occur to you to do a Google search for "Load Error: no DPMI - Get csdpmi*b.zip" (with quotes) ?

No it did not, and now that you mention it, I can't believe I didn't think of it. I'm an idiot sometimes. :-[ Although in my defense it was pretty late at night.