Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Quality hack [PSX]

Started by paul_met, August 20, 2017, 02:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G061

Hey, great work!
It may fall out of the scope of your project I was wondering if it'd be possible or if you would be at all interested in giving the correct translations to some of the items in the game? For instance the original translator calling Materialize Cube the "Cube of Zoe" and Necklace into "Necklace of J". I'd love for the english version of the game to have the faithful item names instead of arbitrary ones that aren't relevant to the rest of the series.

Sephirous

This is a pretty cool hack.

I hope to see one day an extension to this hack that installs the unused Saturn Sections.
Like actually putting in playable Gardens, Prison and That kind of stuff. Maybe even a Character Select including Maria.

One can dream.  :thumbsup:

DavidtheIdeaMan

I think that would be a fantastic idea,also Sephirous,how goes the progress for CoA,I trust it's going rather well? :)

paul_met

#23
Quote from: G061 on August 22, 2017, 12:25:15 PM
It may fall out of the scope of your project I was wondering if it'd be possible or if you would be at all interested in giving the correct translations to some of the items in the game? For instance the original translator calling Materialize Cube the "Cube of Zoe" and Necklace into "Necklace of J". I'd love for the english version of the game to have the faithful item names instead of arbitrary ones that aren't relevant to the rest of the series.
For that there is a translated version of Akumajou Dracula X , which has already been mentioned many times here.

August 25, 2017, 05:36:20 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Updated QHack to v1.1. All changes in the head of topic.


Meduza Team



ToHell


Mistawani

thank you paul_met for this stunning hack.

I read you dont like the japanese version and you ll dont make compatible, but can you share us your method to do the same on jap version ? at least for the "removed black bars" and "Updated the tile maps".

thx

Ar8temis008

Would it be possible to give Richter an inventory and let him equip/use other items? Maybe have the whip force equipped to one hand and use the other for items you find?

paul_met

#29
Quote from: Mistawani on September 24, 2017, 09:38:02 AM
thank you paul_met for this stunning hack.

I read you dont like the japanese version and you ll dont make compatible, but can you share us your method to do the same on jap version ? at least for the "removed black bars" and "Updated the tile maps".

thx
I have a change log with a description of addresses and values, but it's all in the Russian language naturally. But the addresses in the Japanese version will still be different.

Quote from: Ar8temis008 on September 24, 2017, 09:18:46 PM
Would it be possible to give Richter an inventory and let him equip/use other items? Maybe have the whip force equipped to one hand and use the other for items you find?
I doubt that it is possible (or will be very difficult to make), because Richter has no animation for Alucard's items. And what is the point in this venture, if the gameplay for Richter will be essentially identical to Alucard.
Meduza Team

Spooniest

I like this patch...makes an already great game even better. Nice work.

PS - not sure if a bug or a feature :) Aheh, but I can see the secret stairs up above Dracula's room now. That is what is in the code I imagine, but it was just hidden by the black bar before.
Yamero~~!

Mistawani

thank you for your answer paul_met.

Can i have this changelog please (dont find it) ? i ll give a try to found adresses in the jap version.

Thank you again for your hack, i have always hated those black bars.

paul_met

Quote from: Spooniest on September 25, 2017, 07:27:25 AM
I like this patch...makes an already great game even better. Nice work.

PS - not sure if a bug or a feature :) Aheh, but I can see the secret stairs up above Dracula's room now. That is what is in the code I imagine, but it was just hidden by the black bar before.
Yes, the ladder was hiding behind a black stripe. But for beginners in this game (if such exist), it still will not be clear how to activate the mechanism
Meduza Team

Mistawani

hi paul_met, i up this topic cause i think you didn't see my post just before, due to moderator validation of all my posts.

gustavocomvoce

It´s possible make a Maria playable or recreate Saturn exclusive areas or add the relic that makes Alucard run?

paul_met

Quote from: Mistawani on September 27, 2017, 07:58:20 AM
hi paul_met, i up this topic cause i think you didn't see my post just before, due to moderator validation of all my posts.
I sent the log file into your PM. Check it.

Quote from: gustavocomvoce on September 30, 2017, 03:12:23 PM
It´s possible make a Maria playable or recreate Saturn exclusive areas or add the relic that makes Alucard run?
I already answered a similar question earlier - I do not know how to do it.
Meduza Team


paul_met

Small update to v1.2. All changes in the head of topic.
Meduza Team

gadesx

Tested now, I've seen a "bug", nothing major.

After the game start with Alucard, if you go with Alucard
down to the new part with the save point and go back, the music of the first area start to sound,
later going right you enter in the castle and the music stop, because usually there's no music
right now, it's programmed to start after enter in the castle and go walking meanwhile the map start to have light.

paul_met

Quote from: gadesx on December 01, 2017, 02:37:47 PM
Tested now, I've seen a "bug", nothing major.

After the game start with Alucard, if you go with Alucard
down to the new part with the save point and go back, the music of the first area start to sound,
later going right you enter in the castle and the music stop, because usually there's no music
right now, it's programmed to start after enter in the castle and go walking meanwhile the map start to have light.
Yes, this because unlocked hidden rooms under the hatch. It can't be helped.
Meduza Team