Just saying this Project is finished.
Suikoden German Patch 1.00 is offical released. https://snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?thread/3449-ps1-suikoden-v1-00/
October 25, 2020, 08:12:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh i forgot the patchnotes.
HERE IT IS:
- All texts are translated into German.
- All text graphics are translated into German.
- The German localization is primarily based on the English localization. In many places, however, the Japanese original was used. Especially whenever the English localization seemed nonsensical, contained errors, proper names were translated incorrectly or were newly introduced there, although there was no reason for it. Likewise, the names of opponents have been translated from Japanese. Japanese proper names were respected.
- Depending on the rank and command of Honor Ihrzen or Duzen the characters themselves. (its a german thing)
- The font has been expanded to include umlauts and the small eszett.
General and technical adjustments
- The available space in the text boxes has been adjusted so that they can accommodate full-width text. The western localization suffered from an incorrect calculation of the available space and thus from apparently unnecessarily frequent line breaks. This is probably the most noticeable of all the adjustments besides the localization of the language itself. The readability of all dialogs is thereby significantly improved.
- In the English version, a random size was often used for text boxes with notices (doors, signs, etc.) in fixed-width font. as well as for the preservation of group objects, which make all text boxes in the game appear inconsistent. All of these text boxes have been adjusted to the correct, required size. This means that the information is more concise and does not unnecessarily obscure the respective scenario.
- Fixed-width font is used consistently in menus and shops. This makes them appear tidier.
- The presentation of results in battles was re-formatted for the benefit of legibility.
- The more complex and technically higher quality opening credits of the Saturn version are used. Including german subtitles.
-As in all other parts of Suikoden, the currency is potch instead of bits.
-Barbarossa is spelled correctly with two "s".
-Luc's wind rune is now correctly called the True Wind Rune. The reason for this will only become apparent in later parts of the series.
-Cleo notes in Gregminster that Teo will be away for a while, not Ted.
-Odessa no longer incorrectly describes Leon as your father, but correctly as your uncle.
-When tea was mentioned in some inns, it was actually rum and sake. So now again. Viktor, too, is now asking for schnapps again on the Seifuberg and in Lenankamp.
-In Lenankamp, %u200B%u200BGremio points out that the protagonist is the one who is given a terrible responsibility. Not himself.
-Mathiu is no longer addressed as a medical officer, but more correctly as a strategist.
-For decades, Tai Ho and Gaspar misrepresented some of chinchirorin's rules without anyone noticing. From now on they explain the dice game correctly.
-Tai Ho only requires a stake of 1,000 pots to be convinced to help the group. Accordingly, he no longer claims that all cash is required.
-Marie secretly grabbed the group's pocket for every night at the headquarters. However, she only took 30 pots per nose, so that hardly anyone should have noticed. From now on she kindly points out the overnight fee.
-Juppo and Meg see themselves as mechanics, not as tricksters. The trick rune is an apparatus rune.
-Kirkis now points the right way to the village of the elves in the Kobold Village. It is not in the east but in the south.
-The notice board in the dwarves' treasure chamber gives a useful clue to the riddle to be solved behind it. The English localization only said nonsense on the board.
-Jabba now names the amount he pays in Rikon for an unnamed urn. Namely 100 pots.
-The incorrect reference in the Old Book Volume 2, which always causes many rumors, that up to three runes can be combined has been corrected.
-In the Old Book, Volume 3, it is no longer claimed that the enemy is more likely to desert if he is already in the superior force.
-Volume 5 of the old book no longer states that Lester served in Moravia Castle. Because he serves Kun To in Kirov.
-Milia now indicates the right place where her dragon Thrash is waiting. Namely in front of the Dragon Knight Fortress, not outside the Dragon Cave.
-Several Rockland residents now recognize the main protagonist there as the leader of the Liberation Army after the retreat of the Imperialists, not as the leader of the Imperial Army
Corrections of script errors
-A script error on the dwarf path ensured that after returning from the dwarf village, the texts were assigned to the wrong characters and even the end of the dialogue was missing. Both have been corrected.
-A script error in the goblin village was responsible for the fact that not Kirkis but Gremio gained an understanding of the meaning of hope. Here, too, the words are now back in the mouth of the right character.
-The clues that Onil gives have often been misplaced. She gave some clues at completely wrong points in the course of the plot.
E.g. she points out Sonya at the beginning of the game and towards the end she helps find the long-recruited Lepant.
Now she gives all the clues at the right moments.
Weapons, items and equipment
- Various weapon names that are based on historical terms or events have been corrected in their spelling.
- Missing information in the descriptions of the equipment is now available.
E.g. if the wind braid was missing the information that it would also increase the speed by 20.
- Incomplete information in the descriptions of the equipment was specified.
E.g. the silver hat increases regeneration by 5.
- All occurrences of the wind and earth rune pieces, except in the display on the stone tablet, were always swapped. This mistake has been completely corrected.
If you find a piece of earth rune where a piece of wind rune was previously located, you may at first be surprised. However, we have not changed the locations, but the identifiers. Due to this correction, only a single piece of earth rune, which increases the speed, can be found in the game. Any number of wind rune pieces can be captured for this.
-Runic descriptions are overall somewhat more specific. However, only to the extent that they do not reveal an unnecessarily large amount of information, which implicitly would have simplified the level of difficulty.
-The descriptions of the Boar and Apparatus Crystals are now consistent with the other Command Crystals.
-The magic names of the exorcism rune again have their Japanese proper names.
-The numbering of the sound and window sentences is adapted to the western counting method, which is also used constantly from the second series part. The standard sentence is no. 0, while all other sentences from no. 1 are numbered in ascending order.
To improve clarity, an empty equipment space is represented by a "---".