News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Suikoden German Translation Patch+ many more fixes Patchnotes v1.00 release!  (Read 4766 times)

glurak

• View Profile
Hi.

I worked the past 4 years with some other guys on a translation patch for suikoden from english in german.

Now after 4 Years we have an internal playable version far from finished. But we hope we can release it within 2019.

Here is a trailer of it.

https://youtu.be/7sGR2SeGKPw

Things that are not Finished yet.
-Graphics
-Strategy Battles
-1on1 Battles

Other things to do:
- fixing typing errors
- some text dont fit in the text windows.

My personal involvement is the project managing and translation.  ManakoAT does the main work in programming.

The project has at the moment eight people working on it in the personal free time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:29:17 am by glurak »

moritasan2040

• View Profile
Re: Suikoden German Translation Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:49:17 am »
Really cool! Are you going to undo the errors the English translation made? I recal a number of problems with the translation. The worst was a scene where the group’s conversations gets shifted over by one person. So dialog 1 gets skipt and person 1 instead says dialog 2, person 2 says dialog 3, et cetera.

glurak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 05:24:33 am »
Yes we fix errors from jap->eng in the german version and remove the censorship.

January 07, 2019, 02:44:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Really cool! Are you going to undo the errors the English translation made? I recal a number of problems with the translation. The worst was a scene where the group’s conversations gets shifted over by one person. So dialog 1 gets skipt and person 1 instead says dialog 2, person 2 says dialog 3, et cetera.

When you mean this scene than yes its fixed.

https://legendsoflocalization.com/the-time-suikodens-script-went-off-the-rails/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:44:35 pm by glurak »

moritasan2040

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:32 pm »
Super awesome, Glurak! :)

glurak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 07:33:44 pm »
Just saying this Project is finished.

Suikoden German Patch 1.00 is offical released.

https://snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?thread/3449-ps1-suikoden-v1-00/

October 25, 2020, 08:12:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh i forgot the patchnotes.

HERE IT IS:

Text localization

- All texts are translated into German.
- All text graphics are translated into German.
- The German localization is primarily based on the English localization. In many places, however, the Japanese original was used. Especially whenever the English localization seemed nonsensical, contained errors, proper names were translated incorrectly or were newly introduced there, although there was no reason for it. Likewise, the names of opponents have been translated from Japanese. Japanese proper names were respected.
- Depending on the rank and command of Honor Ihrzen or Duzen the characters themselves. (its a german thing)
- The font has been expanded to include umlauts and the small eszett.

General and technical adjustments

- The available space in the text boxes has been adjusted so that they can accommodate full-width text. The western localization suffered from an incorrect calculation of the available space and thus from apparently unnecessarily frequent line breaks. This is probably the most noticeable of all the adjustments besides the localization of the language itself. The readability of all dialogs is thereby significantly improved.

- In the English version, a random size was often used for text boxes with notices (doors, signs, etc.) in fixed-width font. as well as for the preservation of group objects, which make all text boxes in the game appear inconsistent. All of these text boxes have been adjusted to the correct, required size. This means that the information is more concise and does not unnecessarily obscure the respective scenario.

- Fixed-width font is used consistently in menus and shops. This makes them appear tidier.

- The presentation of results in battles was re-formatted for the benefit of legibility.

- The more complex and technically higher quality opening credits of the Saturn version are used. Including german subtitles.

Content corrections

-As in all other parts of Suikoden, the currency is potch instead of bits.

-Barbarossa is spelled correctly with two "s".

-Luc's wind rune is now correctly called the True Wind Rune. The reason for this will only become apparent in later parts of the series.

-Cleo notes in Gregminster that Teo will be away for a while, not Ted.

-Odessa no longer incorrectly describes Leon as your father, but correctly as your uncle.

-When tea was mentioned in some inns, it was actually rum and sake. So now again. Viktor, too, is now asking for schnapps again on the Seifuberg and in Lenankamp.

-In Lenankamp, %u200B%u200BGremio points out that the protagonist is the one who is given a terrible responsibility. Not himself.

-Mathiu is no longer addressed as a medical officer, but more correctly as a strategist.

-For decades, Tai Ho and Gaspar misrepresented some of chinchirorin's rules without anyone noticing. From now on they explain the dice game correctly.

-Tai Ho only requires a stake of 1,000 pots to be convinced to help the group. Accordingly, he no longer claims that all cash is required.

-Marie secretly grabbed the group's pocket for every night at the headquarters. However, she only took 30 pots per nose, so that hardly anyone should have noticed. From now on she kindly points out the overnight fee.

-Juppo and Meg see themselves as mechanics, not as tricksters. The trick rune is an apparatus rune.

-Kirkis now points the right way to the village of the elves in the Kobold Village. It is not in the east but in the south.

-The notice board in the dwarves' treasure chamber gives a useful clue to the riddle to be solved behind it. The English localization only said nonsense on the board.

-Jabba now names the amount he pays in Rikon for an unnamed urn. Namely 100 pots.

-The incorrect reference in the Old Book Volume 2, which always causes many rumors, that up to three runes can be combined has been corrected.

-In the Old Book, Volume 3, it is no longer claimed that the enemy is more likely to desert if he is already in the superior force.

-Volume 5 of the old book no longer states that Lester served in Moravia Castle. Because he serves Kun To in Kirov.

-Milia now indicates the right place where her dragon Thrash is waiting. Namely in front of the Dragon Knight Fortress, not outside the Dragon Cave.

-Several Rockland residents now recognize the main protagonist there as the leader of the Liberation Army after the retreat of the Imperialists, not as the leader of the Imperial Army

Corrections of script errors

-A script error on the dwarf path ensured that after returning from the dwarf village, the texts were assigned to the wrong characters and even the end of the dialogue was missing. Both have been corrected.

-A script error in the goblin village was responsible for the fact that not Kirkis but Gremio gained an understanding of the meaning of hope. Here, too, the words are now back in the mouth of the right character.

-The clues that Onil gives have often been misplaced. She gave some clues at completely wrong points in the course of the plot.
E.g. she points out Sonya at the beginning of the game and towards the end she helps find the long-recruited Lepant.
Now she gives all the clues at the right moments.

Weapons, items and equipment

- Various weapon names that are based on historical terms or events have been corrected in their spelling.
- Missing information in the descriptions of the equipment is now available.
  E.g. if the wind braid was missing the information that it would also increase the speed by 20.

- Incomplete information in the descriptions of the equipment was specified.
  E.g. the silver hat increases regeneration by 5.

- All occurrences of the wind and earth rune pieces, except in the display on the stone tablet, were always swapped. This mistake has been completely corrected.
If you find a piece of earth rune where a piece of wind rune was previously located, you may at first be surprised. However, we have not changed the locations, but the identifiers. Due to this correction, only a single piece of earth rune, which increases the speed, can be found in the game. Any number of wind rune pieces can be captured for this.

-Runic descriptions are overall somewhat more specific. However, only to the extent that they do not reveal an unnecessarily large amount of information, which implicitly would have simplified the level of difficulty.

-The descriptions of the Boar and Apparatus Crystals are now consistent with the other Command Crystals.

-The magic names of the exorcism rune again have their Japanese proper names.

-The numbering of the sound and window sentences is adapted to the western counting method, which is also used constantly from the second series part. The standard sentence is no. 0, while all other sentences from no. 1 are numbered in ascending order.
To improve clarity, an empty equipment space is represented by a "---".

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:27:53 am by glurak »

Master_Luke

• View Profile
Congratulations!
Seems be a excellent work.
I was working on Portuguese version, but unforntunately my HD just burned out.

pleasejust

• View Profile
Wow. Great work.... So, you've made additional bugfixes since Pyriel's bugfix patch? Is it possible to combine all the bugfixes in one patch for the English version? That would be much appreciated.

glurak

• View Profile
Wow. Great work.... So, you've made additional bugfixes since Pyriel's bugfix patch? Is it possible to combine all the bugfixes in one patch for the English version? That would be much appreciated.

We used the PAL version so many bugs pyrels version fixed isnt even there. So its not compatible :)

November 05, 2020, 02:42:03 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Congratulations!
Seems be a excellent work.
I was working on Portuguese version, but unforntunately my HD just burned out.

Sad to hear this. Thats why we did everything inside a dropbox :)

pleasejust

• View Profile
Quote from: glurak
We used the PAL version so many bugs pyrels version fixed isnt even there. So its not compatible :)

What I meant was if it's possible to incorporate your changes into the NA NTSC version. For example you wrote:

"The available space in the text boxes has been adjusted so that they can accommodate full-width text. The western localization suffered from an incorrect calculation of the available space and thus from apparently unnecessarily frequent line breaks."

So when you say western localization did you mean PAL English? So the US version doesn't have that issue?

There are still localization and translation errors in the NTSC US version that pyrel didn't fix.

glurak

• View Profile
ok just that you now. And i didnt know it before i just asked our programmer. The Pyrel Bugfix patch will be included in Version 1.1

We dont plan to fix anything on the US Version. Because its mainly a translation and the reason we fixed it we needed that space. I will ask if its possible to do an patch without the translations but i dont Believe we will. Bt im sure when you ask manako on the snes project forum he maybe will give you assist. He is a nice guy and without him this project would never happen.

Update
Like i thought from us nobody will do a patch without our translation.
But of course fixes like this are possible when you know how to do it.

BUT our Script editor could do that. So when you ask our programmer who maked the editor. Maybe you will get it. But i dont promise it :)

his discord tag manakoDE#9436 just ask him :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:30:39 am by glurak »