News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man Zero Cutscenes Editing  (Read 1570 times)

MMG123

• View Profile
Mega Man Zero Cutscenes Editing
« on: April 28, 2020, 12:24:41 am »
The cut scene in Mega Man Zero I need help to find

Artwork found on google , but is a reference to the cut scene in Mega Man Zero I need to find.

Hello everyone, I'm making a sprite hack in Mega Man Zero and I want to change the cut scenes with Zero in them to the character of my sprite hack. I found all but one cut scene which is the last one where Zero slashes the Pantheon in half (as shown in the above image) , I tried different tile editors and programs like for example : NLZ-Advance. I don't know if the image is compressed or what kind compression it is or how to do it. I really like to edit it to make my sprite hack more complete. any help is appreciated :D

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man Zero Cutscenes Editing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 08:03:14 am »
You can use Tile Molester Mod for editing most uncompressed graphics in the game. You can find most of them by searching the rom with the codecs "4bpp linear reversed order" and "8bpp linear".

However, there's a few of them that seems to be compressed, but the default compression used for most GBA MMZ games are LZSS. You can use tools such as LZ77 Restructor 2, unlz-GBA or LazyDS to search for them.