News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with a Specific Evolution in Pokemon Ultra Violet  (Read 4682 times)

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
Help with a Specific Evolution in Pokemon Ultra Violet
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:48:45 pm »
Hey, everyone. I've been playing (and loving) the Pokemon Ultra Violet hack, and I only have one pokemon left to get: Huntail, an evolution of Clamperl. I see in the guide that it will evolve at level 20 if its attack is higher than its defense, but I can't get the attack higher. I feed it protein until they have no effect, and the defense is still higher. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to breed a bunch of them if I can help it... Thanks much!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Help with a Specific Evolution in Pokemon Ultra Violet
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
Might want to check via a Pokemon editor if this is actually the case; I vaguely remember that UV lies about Pokemon changes at least once with Gyarados.

The header was changed in the ROM, but this can be solved easily with any hex editor before using a tool.

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 04:48:06 pm »
Gotcha. I wouldn't know what pokemon editor to use. I also wouldn't know what values to change in the hex editor. I would probably just change the stat boost for Protein. Aren't there berries that can be held to raise attack power, or is that only in battle?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:04:13 pm »
Gotcha. I wouldn't know what pokemon editor to use. I also wouldn't know what values to change in the hex editor. I would probably just change the stat boost for Protein. Aren't there berries that can be held to raise attack power, or is that only in battle?
Changing a header back to normal isn't too bad if you have hex editing experience, mostly you compare two opened files in the same address.

I've never bothered with EV gains (that's what stat up medicine does, gives 10 EVs of the stat to a Pokemon), so I wouldn't know much about that.  I'm 100% sure it's more complicated than that though.  Item effects in Pokemon tend to not be quite as easy to edit as in other RPGs.

"Pinch berries" like Petraya are in-battle only, and are used to up the status when the holder is weak.  I have no clue where those are found in this hack though, berries are precious in vanilla FR (shoot, I just went the lazy route with FR251 and gave everyone a full berry shop).