News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Wip projects for the 7th saga (Snes)  (Read 55894 times)

kyuwert

• View Profile
Re: Wip projects for the 7th saga (Snes)
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2021, 04:14:40 pm »
Sorry for disappearing, I have been really busy.

I have made some modifications to elnard to load english text.
I had to transfer some asm and text compression table files from 7th saga to elnard to
get it to load 7th saga's english text. Here is a video showing the english text loading
in elnard.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/it84wb15qqyu650/elnard_english.mp4/file

Its probably not going to be completed for some time but hopefully sometime this year
we will have elnard in english. There will probably be 2 versions, one having the
japanese text translated to english and another using 7th saga's text.

I would be very happy even just having the 7th Saga translation back ported to Elnard because of the gameplay differences. I did some testing today, and even with the "Easier 7th Saga" patch I found that a level 1 Kamil with the same stats in both games was missing Wyverns 50% of the time in 7th, and only 30% of the time in Elnard, so something is still iffy, and this would definitely contribute towards Elnard feeling less difficult. Of course, a proper retranslation would be amazing, but I'll take what I can get :)  I just played Dragon Quest (the original!) for the first time last year, and when I revisited 7th Saga recently the influences finally dawned on me, and I appreciated it on another level.

kyuwert

• View Profile
Re: Wip projects for the 7th saga (Snes)
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2021, 11:42:52 am »
Encountering this graphical bug with the decompression patch that occurs after running from battle:

Can anyone else confirm?