News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: "Somebody Set Us Up The ROM" in latest Storybundle  (Read 2317 times)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
"Somebody Set Us Up The ROM" in latest Storybundle
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:20:42 pm »
I don't believe I've heard of this before.
Some people think, with some justification, that romhacks are mostly about seeing how many dongs someone can fit into a single game. But the best ones are far from that. Sometimes they add major features to beloved games to make them playable for a new generation. Sometimes they greatly improve game graphics, or present new worlds to explore. Sometimes they correct terrible design decisions. And sometimes they translate game into other languages, allowing them to be read and appreciated by new audiences.

This book is a collection of good romhacks, small and large, simple and incredible. And without a single dong to be found.
http://www.storybundle.com

I'm not quite inclined to plop down money for this as I have far too many books sitting around already.

This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
Re: "Somebody Set Us Up The ROM" in latest Storybundle
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 07:35:04 pm »
Lol Idk who that guy is, but his obsession with dongs and badhacks is borderline obnoxious.

Like, we get it. They exist. Move on.  :laugh:

Cool to see someone found a way to make money off of rom hacks in a sense, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:06:26 pm by Bahamut ZERO »
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
Re: "Somebody Set Us Up The ROM" in latest Storybundle
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 04:24:45 am »
Did the dongs make him butthurt? I wonder how that happened....