News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: NES Classics - Dr Alex - Hack of NES Classics Dr Mario  (Read 1783 times)

Prince Manic

• View Profile
NES Classics - Dr Alex - Hack of NES Classics Dr Mario
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:19 am »
I'm only like 98.5% done but this tricky palette is troublesome and the year still need to be changed too...with it's anti-piracy offset once this is done I'll release the patch after the troublesome hacks are done.

if you look at the window of the two sprites it changed the heart to blue and changed Fever virus to blue!
here's some attached screenshots!

title screen with blue heart :/

main menu 1P with blue too!

Fever Virus and Capsule is blue!

I don't know why it changed the second one to blue! I've got to change it to 351f for a pinkish red
So if it's an offset I must change to change it back please let me know so I can change the year to 2016 and disable the anti-piracy crash flag too.

PS I did found the offset that changed the palette for the OBJ and Backgrounds so that's done at least
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:33:15 pm by Prince Manic »

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Re: NES Classics - Dr Alex - Hack of NES Classics Dr Mario
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:35 am »
1 - I thought it would be the kidd type of alex. Somewhat disappointed.
2 - Out of curiosity, what emulator is shown on the screenshots?
3 - Why did you change the palette to blue? I take it the blue heart is a side effect of the heart sharing the same palette as something that you wanted to change the color from red to blue, but what is that thing?

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
Yeah the two shades of blue makes it harder to spot the difference.  Yellow/Red/Blue all have very high contrast so there's no mistaking them.  But Blue/light-blue?  ehhhh

Other than that I like the graphical changes.  Alex is cute.

Prince Manic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:37 pm »
1 - I thought it would be the kidd type of alex. Somewhat disappointed.
2 - Out of curiosity, what emulator is shown on the screenshots?
3 - Why did you change the palette to blue? I take it the blue heart is a side effect of the heart sharing the same palette as something that you wanted to change the color from red to blue, but what is that thing?

1. well Alexander the bat is my silly sonic character that prefers to be called Alex.
2. it's mgba 0.4.0 the only working emulator that can work via on Mac OS 10.7
3. I'm trying to reflect the changes via to match my original NES Rom Hack of Dr. Mario which I made to be as Dr. Alex on a GBA Version so I have my own NES Classics Dr Alex as a GBA Game.

Yeah the two shades of blue makes it harder to spot the difference.  Yellow/Red/Blue all have very high contrast so there's no mistaking them.  But Blue/light-blue?  ehhhh

Other than that I like the graphical changes.  Alex is cute.

Thanks I'm trying to figure out why it's causing the clash of the sprites that is needed to be 351f the original pinkish red palette for the second half of the sprites.

this is supposed to replicate if I had ported over Dr. Alex rom hack into the GBA as a NES Classics series.
the other side of the pill is same sharing palettes but didn't change another sprite's palette at all so it must be programmed to be shared of a certain palette color.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:56:57 pm by Prince Manic »