News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Which tool/program they used to generate snes picture  (Read 2679 times)

yugisokubodai

• View Profile
    • Assembly
Which tool/program they used to generate snes picture
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:28:42 pm »
I've tried several pic 2 snes format programs out there but none is as accurate as I wish.
I wonder back then 20 years ago, which tool/program did Snes artis use to generate Snes picture?

P/s: the following result was done with SnesGFX v2.62, which palette is not accurate and some tiles are wrong.

hanhnn

• View Profile
Re: Which tool/program they used to generate snes picture
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
I've tried some tools, the best so far I can find are BMP2SNES, grit, usenti.
Klarth's Tile Editor tool is supposed to be exactly what you need, but I'm not sure if it has been released yet.

Klarth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
Sorry, TileShop won't be released for some time. I'm having some UI/XML design difficulty regarding differences with the UI handling linear and tiled editing modes. I expect to release a beta sometime soon after that, but I don't have much time to work on it currently. Importing graphics won't be available in this initial release.

dougeff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:21:33 pm »
Back in the day, developers might have used a similar computer (like Apple iigs) and maybe used drawing programs like Deluxe Paint II.

The apple iigs has the same processor as SNES, and can do 4 bpp graphics, similar to many of the modes on SNES, and sprites.

Though, I can't be sure of exactly what they used. This is speculation, mostly.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES