News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help in the Fatal Frame 2 Translation PS2  (Read 1657 times)

Mirakichi

• View Profile
Help in the Fatal Frame 2 Translation PS2
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:26:53 pm »
Hi, I have a translation
project about 2 years ago
and until today I could not start due lack of tools. This project is for translating the Fatal Frame II for the brazilian portuguese, (PS2 version). I have found all the texts in the img_bd archive using the Monkey-moore, the texts don't use the ASCII, but I managed to make a table file to see all chars and symbols.
The problem is: I need of a tool for extract the text files from img_bd.bin and for reimport back them. I can only see the texts, but I can't extract.
There is no TOC file in game iso for the img_bd.bin, I believe that offsets and filesizes are storaged in Main ELF.
To make matter worse, this game has "LBA Check" in the ELF, he don't works after rebuilding the iso with the CDVD-GEN and the Apache, it is needed to update the new LBA in the ELF file, and I don't know how to do this.
I would like to know if there is someone with experience in Ps2 romhacking games for help me to start this translation. HERE IS a sample of the img_bd.bin archive and the ELF main: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24D4LOIvBM3WFRpbWdSOVRTX3M/view?usp=drivesdk

ViT

• View Profile
Re: Help in the Fatal Frame 2 Translation PS2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 04:26:40 am »
this game has "LBA Check" in the ELF
this game hasn't "LBA Check" in the ELF

If anyone is still interested (PAL version for example):

TOC is in "SLES_523.84" file, start offset is 0x1FB7F8, 4491 files.

For each file:
4 byte - LBA
4 byte - unpack file size
4 byte - file size in archive

Calculation of real LBA:
real LBA = (LBA bitwise shift right 2) * 0x800

Value of right 2 bits of LBA is:
0 - no file
2 - file not compressed
3 - file compressed

For decompress use "DeLESS.exe" utils (ask internet for it). Game work great without compression, so: rebuild game archive (IMG_BD.BIN), update TOC, have fun.