News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Last Bible 3 Translation Project [released]  (Read 23242 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Last Bible 3 Translation Project [released]
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2018, 07:22:59 pm »
"WMD=Weapon of mass destruction?"

Correct.

"What does the RP in the RP sword Means?"

"Rock-Paper."

"the S and W in the monster train shops?"

You can find this out by talking to certain NPCs in Dura-Europos.

"The gimmick knife have any special purpose?"

It sells for a high price.

P.S. Thanks for letting me know the work was worthwhile, guys!

lantern48

• All your ring are belong to us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2018, 11:55:10 pm »
Playing as well.

Thank you for the hard work on this game and for sharing.
You are appreciated.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 11:54:09 pm »
You know what? I found out a secret cabin near karasu tengu village!
and a strange item called the "bot"
Spoiler:
A small chat between a guy named mashirito and his boss
I wonder if there's some other hidden cabin around the world map.
BTW While doing the Hundred Beast challenge, I notice a char telling you about a cave with your battle stats
never found a thing!
also the Trial of a Hundred Beast (the one where you have to talk your way out of battle)
is impossible without cheating!
Spoiler:
All Hail queen Rena
Also I finish hacking every random battle, they are 507 random battles formations,
including bosses!
but after 508 up to 9999 the Hundred Beast challenge just repeats forever!
I will post all that info on game FAQs as soon as I finish the game,in case someone wants to do a normal and rare drop by monster
or do a fusion guide.

C_CliFF

• View Profile
    • General CoolNES Translations
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2018, 03:23:32 am »
P.S. Thanks for letting me know the work was worthwhile, guys!

I'm currently playing this myself.

The patch has been downloaded over 2600 times so that to me shows there are many others that appreciates the amount of work you guys have put into this.

I myself have been waited a long time to play this.

:beer:

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2018, 10:11:48 am »
I'm still playing ... though I should be studying for finals :P

Honestly, this game wasn't really on my radar, at least not as much as other translations like Goemon 2 or Ni no Kuni on the DS, but it's turned out to be a surprisingly great game. Definitely would recommend it to anyone who enjoys JRPGs and especially the Megaten games.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2018, 04:49:05 pm »
Finish the game today, and I must say the last part
Spoiler:
after you are killed and send to hell
the game change for good, love the part when
Spoiler:
Lucifer joins in
this is indeed a great game and I hope more people play it!

There's some things I did not discover, or keep me wondering one is that Rena mentions a triple fusion,
never find a thing about it.
the hidden cave in death valley, the one that tells you your battle stats, I really search all the place and nothing!
the other one was by pure luck the hidden cabin around the karasu tengu village map, the "bot" have any use?
what happends to Bob's wife? only read that they travel by sea after the nekomata plot
and his kid with the nekomata? I did not find her after returning from hell.
I finally found out what S and W means
Spoiler:
(Smith and William)
BTW mochowa change her dress color, at the beginning, if you keep telling her that you dint like her dress.

Now that I finish the game, I will try to make a fusion guide, now that I have every monster formation offset
the only problem I see is time.
I was hoping some Japanese site will have one, but no luck so far.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »
Wow, I didn't really know how to trigger the scene where you get the Bot! Thanks for explaining. I was finally able to see it myself. I found a typo in that scene, and DDSTrans has submitted a version four patch that fixes it.

The Bot does absolutely nothing, by the way. It was just there because the editors wanted to hide it in the game. It's an Easter egg.

I don't know about a cave that "tells you your battle stats." I can't find any reference to battle stats in the script. Can you get a direct quote?

As for your story-related questions.

Spoiler:
Rena only does the triple fusion to get Cerberus to protect Rudy. It's extremely hard to do, so you never get access to that sort of fusion yourself.

Bob and his wife eventually return and you find out that their marriage isn't going well. Isabella is unhappy with their relationship, realizing that she married a loser, and they are both trapped in a loveless marriage.

You never find out if Meena gives birth to her child. She may in fact still be pregnant at the end of the game.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2018, 09:19:33 pm »
Wow, I LOVE the way you put such a dedication for your works, taking care of the most minimum detail  :)  And this one is not the exception.

I haven't played this one yet because lack of time, but I promise to do it on the next weeks  :thumbsup: As I've seen on the videos uploaded for this game, it looks amazing.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2018, 11:10:08 pm »
Well that set it for Bob, he deserved  it, for what he did to that poor kitten ;D
the char I mention is called Tranpeep is like a chess horse with a 80's rocker wig.
it says "I discovered something you might find helpful!
there's a room at the top of the mountain where you can save your battle records!
I understand something like, how much monsters you have kill, number of deaths, fusion records,etc.
but the only room there is your parents room, and the 100 trial challenge.
I was searching for something to trigger that event,
like the hidden grass patch around the karasu village but nothing!
there's only one thing, I don't like about the game, and is that the best char "Rena" never joins in!

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2018, 01:28:38 am »
Tranpeep is just saying that you you can save in the room where your parents were, not that you can view any stats. If you're attempting the assault of a hundred beasts, you can save in there, instead of having to save all the way at the bottom of the mountain.

Spoiler:
Oh, and maybe Rena isn't much of a fighter, but she's certainly good at bossing everyone else around!

Oh, and hey, I hope you enjoy the game, Mike. And it might be best to avoid this thread until you're finished, as there are a lot of spoilers flying around.  :thumbsup:

Ah, and same goes for you too, lastdual and C_CliFF!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:43:46 am by Tom »

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »
Tom a guy on gamefaqs discover something very strange!

Meteordragon10
Another thing... When I press "Start" during battle, it brings up a list of numbers that I can change. What exactly is this?

any Idea?

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2018, 10:36:31 pm »
I know about it, yeah.

But I don't want to spread the word about it.

Suffice to say, we know of it and there are no issues with it.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 08:31:49 pm »
Well, I completed the game two days ago.Thanks a lot for giving us the opportunity of enjoying this otherwise hidden gem. After you reach Thracia and then Megalopolis, the plot begins to show its true face and you cannot stop playing until the end. And the ending is really beautiful.

I know about it, yeah.

But I don't want to spread the word about it.

Suffice to say, we know of it and there are no issues with it.

To Tom:

During my playthrough, I've also come across this "strange numbers" thing, and I've managed to guess what it is for and how it works. But, regarding to having no issues... I think I've found something that could make the game unwinnable in certain cases, if the player saves after doing "certain" thing that those numbers allow you to do. Tom, is there any way I could contact you in a private message to talk about it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:55:14 am by aqualung »

meunierd

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2018, 10:09:55 am »
Your best bet is probably to DM him on Twitter.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2018, 03:09:10 pm »
Your best bet is probably to DM him on Twitter.

Yes, he has already contacted me. Thanks, meunierd  :thumbsup:

November 22, 2018, 04:39:14 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh, by the way... Sorry for flooding this thread, it's just that I've found these captures I made during my playthrough of LBIII, in the screenshot folders of snes9x. I completely forgot about them. There seems to be two small typos in two parts of the game. I put them as spoiler just in case:

Spoiler:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:43:26 pm by aqualung »

midget35

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2019, 08:50:10 am »
I'm also sorry for flooding / necro bumping, but my god... I have to tell you all that Tom and the team have done an astonishing job with this translation. I completed the game a week ago, and was amazed at the quantity of dialogue changes after each minor event. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this.

The game itself is wonderful. The translation is perfect. It is incredible to say it: but the quality of translation is as good as FEOE. I'm completely humbled this game has been made available to us all, through the kindness of a small (and incredibly special) team. Thank you so, so much.

If I may be so bold, Tom, do you intend to translate any more snes rpgs? And if so, what's on the horizon?

Huge thanks and congratulations again. Magnificent effort!

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2019, 05:10:16 pm »
It's great to hear that you've experienced just how great Last Bible III is. I think most people haven't even given the series a real chance, writing it off after playing "Demon Slayer." The game really surprised me, and I hope more people give it a chance. I'm glad you were happy with the translation.

Right now, I am working on an NES RPG ("The Constellation Nerdulus," a translation of Otaku no Seiza) and a PSP RPG (Zill O'll Infinite Plus). I'll eventually work on Majin Tensei I with DDSTranslation, when he's ready to work on it. I haven't received any dumps for it. He has some projects to finish with other translators before starting another project with me.

I also found a hacker who is interested in working on Last Bible 1 for the Game Gear. (It's MUCH better than the Gameboy edition, with a revamped script, and a storyline that actually makes sense.) He hasn't started hacking it yet, but hopefully that can be finished up eventually, making the whole saga complete.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2019, 08:38:01 pm »

I also found a hacker who is interested in working on Last Bible 1 for the Game Gear. (It's MUCH better than the Gameboy edition, with a revamped script, and a storyline that actually makes sense.) He hasn't started hacking it yet, but hopefully that can be finished up eventually, making the whole saga complete.

I knew sooner or later that would be said by yourself!  :woot!: