News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Last Bible 3 Translation Project [released]  (Read 32139 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Last Bible 3 Translation Project
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 03:02:53 am »
Posting here for people who don't follow me on Twitter.

The translation is about 3/4 complete now.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 10:28:29 pm »
And we are joyful by that!  :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 02:52:40 pm »
I finished the script translation today.

vergil2012

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 03:54:27 pm »
That sounds great! You are doing an amazing work so far. Keep it up, Tom!

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:47 pm »
The project is coming in a great pace!  :thumbsup:

haouea

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2018, 02:42:05 am »
It always warms my heart to see a new, professional-quality SNES translation just over the horizon. For me it's like Christmas whenever a classic SNES JRPG gets liberated from decades of obscurity, especially an ATLUS title that's never been localized in any form! I'm a huge Atlus fan, so THANK YOU DDS and Tom SO MUCH for all of your hard work on this project and for keeping the SNES fan translation scene alive! From what I've heard, this is a fantastic game. It's been far too long since I've played an Atlus SNES game, and I can't wait to jump right back into the fold!!!

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2018, 01:35:34 am »
Thanks for your excitement, haouea!

Last Bible III really caps off the series well. (I hope you played the earlier entries!) I'm so grateful to DDSTrans, for giving it a go with the hacking - he did incredible work, and I'm confident in my translation, too. I hope we can do more projects together, after both TM Zero and Last Bible 3.

Now of course I'm not a professional translator, just a hobbyist, but I put a lot of work into what I do, and everybody really helps by reporting the issues that they find. I think the final release will be a real treat!

By the way, here's an update for those who don't follow me on twitter:

The script translation's done. I've played through the game all the way to the end in English. (I actually played through as I translated it.) DDSTrans is playing through it now. As far as I can tell, the only thing that remains is to fix the credits up (by fixing "Directer", which appears three times, and moving the Japanese center-dot that punctuates names down so they're periods). Once DDSTrans finishes the game and fixes the credits, we can get beta testers to try to uncover whatever issues are left in the script. It shouldn't be long, at this point!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:24:33 am by Tom »

mendou

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2018, 04:45:45 pm »
Thanks Tom and everyone involved with this project!

Merr Clone

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 10:36:32 pm »
I've seen some of your Twitter updates, Tom, and I must say that I'm impressed with each new message I get. I'm not as well versed on MegaTen as many, many people are, partially due to preferring third person over first person video games, in fact one of my few real experiences with a game in the series, besides, ironically, Revelations: Demon Slayer which I liked, was trying to play Revelations: Persona on the PS1 and, while I couldn't get into the game that much, I liked the intrigue, and the negotiation sequences. That doesn't mean that I don't hope to play through all of the games that comprise the overarching franchise, even SMT Nine, as I've heard a lot of great things. It does make me curious where Last Bible III stands in the pantheon of MegaTen games. Reading the Wiki here, Famitsu compared the game as closer to Final Fantasy, it's supposedly the best game in the "Last Bible" spin-off series, and you can actually get an idea as to how your answers affect the monsters in battle. Sounds good to me!

Anyways, I gladly thank you for translating another Super Famicom RPG, and doing the good work. I'd be waiting by once this is finished, to see what will be the next project.....another TM game, or perhaps something radically different?

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2018, 10:14:52 am »
Thanks for your comment, Merr Clone!

I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy another classic style, third-person RPG. If you liked Revelations: The Demon Slayer, I also recommend that you try my Last Bible II translation that I did with EsperKnight, if you haven't already.

The negotiation system in the original Last Bible games SEEMED random, but wasn't actually random and in fact was entirely predictable - each beast had a certain conversation pattern that it wanted to hear - you had to prod randomly to get the right combo, but once you knew the right combo, it would always work. In Last Bible III, it doesn't seem random, but it actually IS random.

But even though it's random, it's still fun!

I think Last Bible III is the best "main" Last Bible game, but it's more enjoyable if you played parts 1 and 2 before. Actually, my favorite Last Bible games are Last Bible The New Testament 1 and 2 on cell phones, but they got discontinued, unfortunately.

My next project, which I'm focusing on now, is Zill O'll Infinite Plus for the PSP.

-Tom

Anyways, I gladly thank you for translating another Super Famicom RPG, and doing the good work. I'd be waiting by once this is finished, to see what will be the next project.....another TM game, or perhaps something radically different?

[/quote]

Merr Clone

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2018, 11:52:58 pm »
You're welcome!

I didn't get too far in Revelations: The Demon Slayer, but I'll probably play through the whole series sometime after this game gets translated.

So, that's why the Wiki mentioned that factoid about the game "re: negotiations". Whether the results are random or not, and it does sound interesting that the first Last Bible games, before III, encouraged greater analysis, but, random or not, I like that there's added depth to the combat system in these games than just "fight, magic, and run", and I've always liked the ability to recruit anybody from an assortment of monsters. There emerges some questions based on my novice understanding of the series, but I'll just let it slide until I finally connect with the games.

I just looked at a web site with The New Testament II on it, and it looked pretty good, like a classic 8-bit JRPG. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem like anyone has the two games up for download, not even a torrent site seems to have it.

Ah, yes, I do remember reading about Zill O'll. Looking forward to that!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:34 am »
The negotiation system in the original Last Bible games SEEMED random, but wasn't actually random and in fact was entirely predictable - each beast had a certain conversation pattern that it wanted to hear - you had to prod randomly to get the right combo, but once you knew the right combo, it would always work. In Last Bible III, it doesn't seem random, but it actually IS random.
Could've sworn I did try the same responses and got different results the last time I tried to play Revelations: The Demon Slayer and I was like "this is as random as throwing balls at the monsters!" :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2018, 04:42:06 am »
The game's been fully played through twice now. (Once by me, and once by DDSTranslation.)

It's pretty much ready to be released, and that means it's time to start closed beta testing!

If you want to join the team, please send me a PM with your e-mail address. Thanks in advance!

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2018, 11:23:17 pm »
I don't have much time to play these days, so I can't beta test, but I just wanted to cheer you on! I can't wait for the pubic release of this. You always release the best games for me.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2018, 02:59:14 am »
Exciting stuff! But the youtube link in the OP seems to be broke.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2018, 10:27:07 am »
Sorry! I deleted it a while back because I changed some of the terms and spellings.

At this point, we're really close to release. I'll probably just let someone else record it after the release, since I can't do high quality recordings anyway.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:09:23 pm by Tom »

ginbunbun

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 08:08:27 pm »
Thank you Tom and everyone else involved. Been waiting for this one :D You are guys are killer. :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2018, 05:36:42 pm »
I've ended the beta testing early due to some problems with yahoo e-mail.

The release will happen soon.

Aeana

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »
Can't wait.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:21 am »