News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: TMNT: Return to New York (NES)  (Read 13074 times)

SpiderDave

• View Profile
    • spiderdave.me
Re: TMNT: Return to New York (NES)
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 12:07:00 am »
That's easy enough to do:

(add 0x10 to address for iNES header)
0x142c8: eaeaea

Seems to work ok, needs testing (does it make something stay that needs to disappear?)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:25 am »
That's easy enough to do:

(add 0x10 to address for iNES header)
0x142c8: eaeaea

Seems to work ok, needs testing (does it make something stay that needs to disappear?)
Yeah, my newly reborn interest for this game.

pinkpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 06:57:37 pm »
zacmario: thank you for the feedback!  I'm working on a stage edit update that will provide a path for the turtles who cant jump as well, though it's tough to avoid giving an easy ledge to attack from.  The save feature helps a lot in avoiding getting stuck for the time being, at least.

Glad to hear this is known and being fixed. It was my only significant issue with the hack. I didn't actually end up in the situation where I had only Donatello but it did occur to me while playing that something like that could very easily happen to someone and they shouldn't have to reset just for that.

What about adding ladders to those spots instead of additional ledges? That way Don will still be at a disadvantage as now he has to make himself vulnerable climbing the ladder, but at least then solo Don will technically be completeable.

Also I love up+start for quick-switching of turtles but I'm not so keen on down+start. There are times when I want to pause while crouched (e.g. technodrome hall of death while fighting wave after wave of jetpack guys) but instead I end up insta-changing from one almost-dead turtle to another unexpectedly and get squished.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the hack and I'm glad that serious work is finally being done on this game.
Let's dance!

the_importer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »
Any chance this will ever on the EverDrive N8?

blood_falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 04:57:34 am »
Hi, Thread Starter

May I know which ROM can be patched on this one?

When I patch the USA ROM, the size bloated from 256 KB to 1 MB

Is it normal or I am doing something wrong here?

Emsi-D

• Watching the morning sun rise above
    • View Profile
    • Mortal Kombat Trilogy XE
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2021, 03:11:27 am »
Hello there.
I found strange bugs - something invisible damages a character when he jumps off the Technodrome tracks. And if a character has little health left by this moment, he will die. And then the Start button will no longer work, as a result of which it becomes impossible to continue the game.

Here is the video:
[Link Has Been Removed]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:06:21 am by Emsi-D »

guitarpalooz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2021, 11:37:52 am »
Hello there.
I found strange bugs - something invisible damages a character when he jumps off the Technodrome tracks. And if a character has little health left by this moment, he will die. And then the Start button will no longer work, as a result of which it becomes impossible to continue the game.

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/6_QXnmQMn68

Hi Emsi, thanks for playing!

This glitch is actually present in the original game as well.  It seems that sometimes you will die and advance to the next stage with no health, and sometimes you will die and be unable to select a new turtle and have to reset as you described
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiGWSisLyY&t=141s

I didn't look into fixing this yet, but I imagine either the stairs have a damage modifier a la spikes or your turtle will randomly clip the broken electrical thing depending on where he lands after the last hit.

Emsi-D

• Watching the morning sun rise above
    • View Profile
    • Mortal Kombat Trilogy XE
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2021, 06:40:16 am »
This glitch is actually present in the original game as well
After reading your post, I was surprised at first, because I had never seen this bug before.
But then I realized: I had never played US-version of TMNT1 before. I've always played Japanese one.

Just in case, I decided to check "Gekikame Ninja Den" and there really is no such bug.
Spoiler: