News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario Kart Super Circuit Demake  (Read 1813 times)

Spud

• View Profile
Super Mario Kart Super Circuit Demake
« on: August 02, 2019, 11:17:11 am »
Hello everyone! I am creating a hack for Super Mario Kart on SNES to remake all 20 tracks from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (you can play all of Super Mario Kart's tracks in Super Circuit so why not the opposite?). This project of mine is heavily inspired by Shelfall's Super Mario Kart 64 Reverse Remake and Super Mario Kart Double Dash Reverse Remake as I used it as my inspiration to do this project and since I haven't seen anyone try to re-create all of Super Circuit's tracks into Super Mario Kart, I thought I'd be the person to do it. This project is gonna be made completely with Epic Edit (such a damn good track editor) and so far I have 10/20 tracks completed!

Here are a few screenshots:

Each track only takes a few hours to complete and test and I will work on this project as much as I can in my free time!

PowerPanda

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Kart Super Circuit Demake
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 04:23:57 pm »
This is great! I love those tracks, and would love to play them 2 player, but nobody else I know has a GBA, and I don't have a link cable.

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »
This is great! I love those tracks, and would love to play them 2 player, but nobody else I know has a GBA, and I don't have a link cable.

I did read that this is a Super Mario Kart hack for the SNES. This game has 2 player mode to play on the same screen. If you don't mind to play on a emulator. I recommend the newest BSNES by Byuu. He just added HD mode7 Support so this hack can look very sharp when it comes out ;P

Emulator: https://www.byuu.org/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:11:45 pm by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer
https://discord.gg/PvFgxRg

Spud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »
I did read that this is a Super Mario Kart hack for the SNES

Yes indeed, this will be a hack of Super Mario Kart, not Super Circuit. The HD Mode 7 is so crisp! :o

segwayspeedracer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 01:25:37 pm »
This is REALLY cool. It is a shame the SMK game has smaller levels. You might have to throttle the driver speed to allow them to be able to race these levels, or just fatten up the track where possible, so players arent slamming into the grass.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 10:37:12 am »
If you do finish this hack, I might take this one as the base for a possible "color restoration" for Super Circuit on GBA :^}