News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Looking for Hackers to Help Me Translate Tales of Games  (Read 1320 times)

Mithos

• View Profile
Looking for Hackers to Help Me Translate Tales of Games
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:18:11 pm »
I'm sorry if the title is wrong or if I'm messing up the post in some sort of way, I was referred here!

I am a native Japanese speaker and a big fan of Bandai Namco's Tales of series. There are a lot of older games that haven't been translated. A few of them have the scripts done, and while I appreciate the translators working on them, I feel like it's a bit of a pain to have to go back and fourth between the game and a script when you're trying to stay immersed, if that makes sense.

Many of the older games that have English translations have had their original Japanese versions updated, remastered or remade, all with additional content. I want the fans of the series to experience the best versions of all these games if possible!

Here are the things I'm looking to do:
  • Tales of Destiny (PS2 Remake/Director's Cut)
  • Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP or PS2)
  • Tales of Innocence R (PS Vita)

These are the ones I'm aware of that don't have an English patch, there may be more. I really want to make the best versions of each of the games available to an English-speaking audience, but I lack hacking abilities and if I took on these projects solo, they'd probably take years. I'm sorry if this doesn't follow the etiquette here- but I'd really love if anyone who has experience with hacking and is interested could work with me on these projects!

dawnbomb

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Hackers to Help Me Translate Tales of Games
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 05:02:19 am »
If your still looking, hit me up on discord Dawnbomb#3408

Happy to help.

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 09:05:10 pm »
Considering this is a several months old post, I don't know if OP is even still looking, but it bears pointing out that there is already a team who has made significant progress on Tales of Destiny Director's Cut (there's even a rough beta of that that's been released which still needs some polish but is more or less complete) and Tales of Destiny 2 for both PSP and PS2, with a few improvements like skit indicators, optional battle dialogue subtitles and a choice of fonts so you can pick what you like best. I don't see OP's name on the list of translators, unless they go by a different name here, but it seems that they've already got a good chunk of the translation work done. Innocence R, on the other hand, is still seemingly pristinely untouched by the community. That would definitely be the project to lean into if you want to give the community something big to look forward to if you are able to find team members.

Also, if you're offering services, you'd probably do better to message OP directly on here than just leave your discord tag and hope they reach out to you when they might not even use Discord. If you've got the chops to help with the project then I hope the two of you can link up and maybe get the ball rolling on Innocence R, and possibly pick up some more helpers once you announce a project in progress. More completed translations of missing series entries is always a great thing.

ponlork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 12:04:35 am »
I sure would like to play Tales of Destiny 2 for the ps2 and psp. I hope you’re still around. Im surprised no one replied to you in over a year.