News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations of early Famicom games  (Read 53933 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations of early Famicom games
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2018, 06:39:12 pm »
The game also seems to have quite a number of voice clips... if incredible compressed, and I wonder how well even Japanese people can understand what they're saying, in order to fit the cartridge limits.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2018, 06:17:33 pm »
Hey there everyone, a teeny tiny update from me.

While working on Crayon Shin-chan for the Game Gear, I got a PM from Guyver regarding Sherlock Holmes, because he noticed that the most vital clue in the game was wrong! Filler missed a zero, I noticed it, but somehow I put the original translation in the game. So, we both messed up a little there. :D So anyway, I've submitted version 1.1 to the database, because we agreed that a new version is required here. After reading this thread again, I also noticed that I'd made two minor errors... but I'd forgotten about them, and I'm not resubmitting it. :)

So, that's all for now, just a very minor fix. Once I finish on Shin-chan, I really ought to finish off Zoids as well - I'd made good progress there...

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2018, 12:37:46 am »
Hey there everyone, a teeny tiny update from me.

While working on Crayon Shin-chan for the Game Gear, I got a PM from Guyver regarding Sherlock Holmes, because he noticed that the most vital clue in the game was wrong! Filler missed a zero, I noticed it, but somehow I put the original translation in the game. So, we both messed up a little there. :D So anyway, I've submitted version 1.1 to the database, because we agreed that a new version is required here. After reading this thread again, I also noticed that I'd made two minor errors... but I'd forgotten about them, and I'm not resubmitting it. :)

So, that's all for now, just a very minor fix. Once I finish on Shin-chan, I really ought to finish off Zoids as well - I'd made good progress there...

:thumbsup:

BTW: If we're resurrecting this thread, I'll mention that I took a serious swing at translating Mezase Pachi Pro Pachio-kun just a little while ago. I managed to translate more of the script than I thought I would, though I wouldn't say it's more than 50% done. Looking up pachinko terms was even kind of interesting. There's surprisingly little English language information out there about it. I'd like to play the game for a bit more context, so expect the project to be set back a few years. ;) Still, that may be one more script from that time period translated at some point.