News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Breath of Fire 2 SNES

Started by einlanzer, June 01, 2017, 04:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

einlanzer

Hi, so a few folks have done some work on BoF2 and we have a decently fleshed out rom map, however, there are a couple of things I was hoping someone might provide insight on:

a.) where spell damage is located - it doesn't seem to be controlled in the same location as the rest of the spell data
b.) how to point Bleu to use Spar's or Nina's level up gains instead of the monster formation data (ideally, I'd create a new set for her, but that's beyond my skill level).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

magictrufflez

If Maeson is around (I know he was going to take a break for a bit), I think he should be able to help.  I know his difficulty hack definitely touched on both these things.

einlanzer

Thanks! I also forgot I had a question about modifying the random encounter rate. I saw an old thread where that was being discussed, but it didn't provide much insight on how it actually worked or how to do it in different ways.

ThegreatBen

If it wasn't for stat caps all her stats would be close to a thousand.

justin3009

I have very few notes on spell damage but they're all individually located in each spells data, so it's a bit of a pain to edit. I'll scrap what I can together when I get home.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

einlanzer

Quote from: justin3009 on June 02, 2017, 01:36:36 PM
I have very few notes on spell damage but they're all individually located in each spells data, so it's a bit of a pain to edit. I'll scrap what I can together when I get home.

Thank you! Just checking to see if you were able to scrounge up anything, or if you knew anything about changing Bleu's level up table to use Spar's (I figure it's a simple table reference but I can't find where it is).